The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

"It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting."

"It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary; only wise men are able to understand them."

"If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own."

"What's the world's greatest lie?" the boy asked, completely surprised.
"It's this : that at a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what's happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate. That's the world's greatest lie."

"Everyone, when they are young, knows what their destiny is."

"people are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of."

"People learn, early in their lives, what is their reason for being, maybe that's why they give up on it early, too."

"If you start out by promising what you don't even have yet, you'll lose your desire to work toward getting it."

"when each day is the same as the next, it's because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises."

"There was nothing to hold him back except himself."

"God has prepared a path for everyone to follow. You just have to read the omens that he has left for you."

"If God leads the sheep so well, he will also lead a man,"

"This wasn't a strange place; it was a new one."

"making a decision was only the beginning of things."

"The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being,"

"intuition is really a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life, where the histories of all people are connected, and we are able to know everything, because it's all written there."

"people need not fear the unknown if they are capable of achieving what they need and want."

"because life is the moment we're living right now."

"Although the vision of the date palms would someday be just a memory, right now it signified shade, water, and a refuge from the war."

"God revealed his secrets easily to all his creatures."

"The closer he got to the realization of his dream, the more difficult things became."

"The secret is here in the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it. And, if you improve on the present, what comes later will also be better. Forget about the future, and live each day according to the teachings, confident that God loves his children. Each day, in itself, brings with it an eternity."

"I can only tell you what I saw. If you don't want to believe me, you don't have to do anything about it."

"Every day was there to be lived or to mark one's departure from this world."

"Courage is the quality most essential to understanding the Language of the World."

"One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving."

"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity."

"all people who are happy have God within them."

"Most people see the world as a threatening place, and, because they do, the world turns out, indeed, to be a threatening place."

"Every search begins with beginner's luck. And every search ends with the victor's being severely tested."

"When you possess great treasures within you, and try to tell others of them, seldom are you believed."

"Your eyes show the strength of your soul."

"It's not often that money saves a person's life." 

"Don't give in to your fears, if you do, you won't be able to talk to your heart."

"There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure." 

"When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. When you are loved, there's no need at all to understand what's happening, because everything happens within you," 

"when we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too." 

"No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn't know it."