Christmas chapter!

Since December is coming soon, here is a short little Christmas chapter<3

ARABELLA

I kick my foot against the Christmas tree and I quickly grab my foot after it hit one of the ornaments. I hate this thing.

"Coco!!" I whine out and I hear heavy footsteps come running towards me.

"What? What happened?" His face is panicked but quickly turns into a annoyed expression when he sees me sitting on the floor cradling my foot.

He slaps a hand against his forehead and sighs, "what happened now?" He laughs and I point at the star that has yet to go on the top of the tree.

This is the first year I have put up my very own Christmas tree and I thought it would be much more exciting. This is just stressful. The ornaments keep falling off, I can't put the star up, and Coco is too busy making thanksgiving food in the kitchen.

He chose to not help me because it's 'not even December yet' but why does it need to be December to feel the Christmas spirit?

He helps me up and lifts me onto his shoulder. I latch my hands onto the sides of his face and he laughs. "Bella put your hands on my shoulders so you don't squish my skull."

I grip onto his shoulders and I watch as he grabs the star and hands it to me. I smile at him and give him a quick peck before he guides me to the tree.

"Tell me when it's on" he looks up at me and I nod.

It takes a few tries but eventually, it lights up the whole tree and when he sets me down, I gasp.

It's perfect. It's so perfect.

It makes me want to cry when I think about how much I never got this with that monster. Every time I would show him a Christmas tree or cute ornaments, he would just ruin all my thoughts on that spot and beat me. He told me that Christmas is a joke and I am too if I want to be involved with it.

But when I look at Coco, he just looks at the tree with sparkling eyes and-

Oh no.

Here comes the tears.

When he hears my sniffs, his head snaps over to look at me and his eyes widen when he sees my teary face.

He bends down and wipes my tears, "what's wrong bella?"

I wipe my own tears and fling my arms around him. I love him so much.

"I just love you so much." I whisper and his arms tighten around me and he stuffs his face in my neck.

When we pull away, I notice a smell. I sniff the air and it smells like burning-

The food.

Me and Rico's eyes widen at the same time and we both go running for the kitchen. "Shit, shit, shit!" He yells and I glare at him for his language.

He quickly takes out the macaroni that now just looks black and my face cringes at the smell.

As he is picking it up, I realize that he forgot to put gloves on and my eyes widen even more when he screams and drops the macaroni, causing the platter to fall on the ground and all the macaroni to spread.

We both jump back and I quickly grab a paper towel and soap to clean it up. I pour the soap on the ground and get back up to grab more towels but my foot slips on the soap and I go tumbling back.

Rico jumps for me and grabs my hand but he also slips on the soap on the ground causing us both to go tumbling on the floor.

We make a 'oof!' Sound as both of our bodies hit the ground, him on top of me.

"I think you broke something." I say jokingly and we both look into each others eyes and laugh.

What a day.
——————————————————————————
Since everything has been so sad, I decided to make a cute little chapter to hopefully cheer you guys up before the reality comes back