Thirty-Nine

ARABELLA

I breathe in the smell of him as we enter his home.

It feels so good to be back. That hospital smell was starting to make me feel nauseous.

The headache still hurts but it's not as bad as before. They stitched up where I hit my head and it should be better in no time.

Now that my head is on more straight, I need to talk to Rico.

I sit down on the couch and tell him to sit down with me. "Who was that girl?" I look at my hands as I say this and I hear him sigh.

He rubs his eyes and looks at me, "it's a lot."

I need to know.

"Are you guys together?" I whisper and he snaps his head over to me and frowns. He groans and sets his head in his hands.

"It's complicated."

It's complicated.

I take a breath and try not to cry, my head feels like it's pounding again and I take deep breaths.

"I love you Rico, but... I can't be with you if you are taken." I look up at him with teary eyes and he just stares.

The words hurt, but I know what it feels like to be cheated on and it has to be one of the worst feelings I have ever felt before. It makes you feel like you aren't good enough, that they needed more than you.

"Arabella..." he grabs my hands but I pull them away.

If I touch him then I won't be able to go.

"Are you together, yes or no?"

There is silence for a moment.

"We aren't necessarily together, but we are faking it. She needs me for some type of thing she is going through because she wants to be with her girlfriend. I didn't know what family this was, I didn't know this was Adams's family."

Hearing his name just takes me back to what happened. Him holding me still as I watched Rico be so happy without me. Maybe he doesn't need me, maybe I'm holding him back.

"Rico I-"

I'm cut off by a ringtone.

Rico quickly takes out his phone and answers it, he gets up and walks away.

I stare at him in the kitchen as he is talking and sigh.

When the call ends, he grabs his coat, and my eyebrows furrow. "What's going on?" I get up and walk towards him.

"Something happened at the tattoo parlor, I will be back as soon as I can. Will you wait for me?"

Will I?

I don't answer and he looks at me with a pleasing look. "I will wait," I whisper and he sighs in relief.

"Thank you, I love you." Before I say it back, he is out the door.

I let out a huff before I get myself comfy on the couch.

This is going to be a long night.

I hop up and go to the kitchen and go in search of some cookie batter. No way better to get over your feelings than to bake!

I hum to the song "As it Was" by Harry Styles as I aggressively stir the mix, waiting for a certain man to come back.

I take this time to think about what has happened. I end up in the hospital and tell Rico I love him, he runs off, and me somehow returning up into his apartment.

Goodness.

What a week.

A few hours later, I'm laying down on the couch as I eat cookies and watch some random tv show Coco already had on the TV.

I hear the door slam and my whole body jumps as I fling up to look at the door. Rico has his shirt unbuttoned and there is blood on him.

The color drains from my face. His hair is all messed up and he has an angry angry look on his face. What happened?

"Are you okay?" I shrink down as I say that because even though I know Rico wouldn't hurt me when people are mad they do mad things.

He sighs loudly and runs a hand through his hair, "some idiots robbed the store and tried to jump us on the way out, which didn't work." He shakes his head and I just stay silent.

He looks at the TV and then at the cookies on the plate and somehow through all of the anger, he smiles.

He unbuttons his shirt and my eyes widen as I stare at his 6 pack. Holy mother of Jesus.

He throws himself on the couch next to me and pulls me up against him, smushing me against his chest. "I'm not dating that girl Bella, I'm dating you." I smile as I hear his heartbeat and we cuddle.

He grabs two cookies off the plate and grabs the remote and plays the weird show, shoving the two cookies in his mouth.

We continued to watch movies for the rest of the day and I try to push my confused emotions to the back of my mind.
——————————————————————————
Hey everyone! I know you all hate me because of the late updates but a lot has happened. You guys are seriously so so funny and reading your comments makes me laugh so much.