Choose your Coffin

The challenge the next day, in Yuba's class, was very clearly inspired by the tale of Snow White. The eight never- and evergirls were to lay down in their own seperate coffins with glass lids, and were transformed by Yuba to look like identical dark-haired princesses with wide hips, round backsides and trouty lips. It was the boys' task to find out what girls were Evers and what girls were Nevers. All girls, that looked as if they had had extreme plastic surgery, climed into their coffins. "This is not a very pleasant task," Tedros complained with the thought of kissing a Nevergirl. Yuba shrugged, once again unbothered. Hort didn't seem bothered at all as he picked a mint leaf from a bush and started chewing.

The girls closed their eyes and prepared to be examined by the boys. I felt the presence of several boys hover over me inspecting me from head to toe, before moving on to the next girl. "Time is up!" Yuba shouted after a couple of minutes. The boys had to choose one of the girls to grant their kiss. I heard the lid of my coffin being opened and I opened my eyes to see.. Tedros?? His face was nausiatingly close to mine, but there was no escape now. It was too late and our faces would slam into eachother if I did something at this point.

As he was millicentimetres away from me, I could smell his manly cologne. It was probably called "Sweat of the King" or something like that. I closed my eyes hard as Tedros' warm and soft lips met mine as we shared a kiss. I transformed back into my normal self and watched Tedros in shock. He looked back at me, apparently not expecting me to be the one he was kissing. I looked over at Hort that had stopped mid-action to watch me get kissed by Tedros. He looked like he was at the verge of leaping onto him. The princess in his coffin sat up and looked at Tedros. "Tedros, go kiss her," I ordered. "Why?" he asked. I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pulled him in close enough to whisper in his ear. "It's Beatrix," I explained.

"How do you know?" he asked again. "Her eyes," I explained. "Just do it, or she'll hate me forever." He gave me a quick nod before he walked over to Hort's princess. Hort looked like he didn't want to kiss anyone anymore. I felt sorry for him as I exited my coffin and followed him as he walked away. I could tell he was furious.