Fingerglow

In one of our 'Surviving Fairytales'-classes, Yuba took all of Group #3 into the Blue Forest again. The students whispered their concerns about this class amongst themselves with thought of the hobgoblin-accident. But this class would be nothing like that. 

"In this class, we will start to learn about spells," Yuba announced in his usual loud voice. "Spells are one of the most important ability in the fairytale world, and that is why you must learn how to cast them," he continued. "And to do that, you must unlock your fingerglow," he finished gravely as he pulled out a silver key with two swans standing on top of it from the inside of his coat. "Evers first," he said as he walked up to me. He took my right hand and inserted the key. It went straight through my skin-tissue and fastened to my bone. Yuba turned the key the whole way around before pulling it out again, leaving no harm on my finger that was now glowing in a golden color.

I looked at my finger in awe, as the other students did. Suddenly, my glow got more and more faint until it was completely gone. "Your finger will start to glow when you feel strong emotion," Yuba told as he activated the other Evers' fingerglows. "You must learn how to master your fingerglow, for once you have done that, you can cast almost any spell," he finished as he moved on to the Nevers.

All the Evers have had painless and smooth fingerglow-activatings, unlike the Nevers, whom were yelping in pain and making horrid grimaces. The key went straight through all tissue they had in their finger, and that had to hurt like hell.