Hort's room

"Hort? Are you in here?" Dot asked as she knocked on Hort's door. Footsteps were heard from the other side. They stopped at the door. "Who is it?" his voice spoke. "It's Dot, Hester and Anadil. Can we come in?" Dot replied with the two girls behind her. The door unlocked with a click and slid open with a creak. Hort was revealed, weraing his frog pyjamas. His hair was even more bushy than it had been before and his skin was paler than ever.

"Come on, Hort, you have to get over that grotesque Evergirl," Hester insisted, very clear on the fact that she was tired of Hort's sulking. "It just came so suddenly, you know?" he said as he threw himself on his bed. "It was like she decided to hate me in that very moment," he thought out loud. "Maybe she decided that it was best for you to go your seperate ways, because of the.. clear differences in family trees?" Dot suggested carefully as she sat down next to Hort on his bed. "Or maybe she's just dumb like all the rest of them," Hester snarled as she sat next to Anadil. "Or maybe she's under a spell," Anadil suggested as she fed one of her rats some pieces of moldy cheese.

Hort sat jolted up from his bed. "A spell?" he asked with his eyes swimming in new hope. "Yeah, like a love-blockage spell or something?" Anadil continued. "You think that might be it?" Dot asked. "Obviously!" Hort exclaimed, suddenly feeling very worked up. "But who did it?" Hester asked, suddenly very interested. "It has to be the School Master! He's the only one with the authority to do such a thing!" Hort insisted. "And the nerve," Hester muttered angrily. 

"So, how do you lift the spell?" Dot asked as she munched on a chocolate brick that had just appeared out of nowhere. "True loves kiss, of course," Anadil answered without hesitetion. "When has Evil ever gotten true loves kiss?" Hester counterstriked. The room went silent as everyone thought. "I'm sure I'll figure it out when the oppurtunity comes. I mean, if it is true love and meant to be, the chance will come somtime, right?" Hort suggested. "Oh yeah!" Dot agreed with her mouth full of chocolate.

"But why would the school master do it?" she asked. "Not to disturbe the balance between good and evil, duh!" Hester began. "Do you know the consequences of what would happen if an Ever and a Never would fall in love?" she gagged as she reached the word 'love'. Hort became silent all of the sudden. "We still supprt you though!" Dot reassured. "Right girls?" she nearly hissed. The two girls on the floor nodded.