Sidekicks

A couple of days later, all the students got a task to train their sidekicks (which were animals) and make them your own. This was quite the easy task for most of the Evers, but as for the Nevers, it was rather difficult. The animals rebelled against their owners, but the most evil (like Hester) got their animals to obey quicker than others.

Me and my hedgehog got along very nicely. She was spikey, but it was all-right since I knew she meant no harm. I looked at her and saw the purest soul in the world. I always carried her around, and if I didn't have enough room in my hands to hold her, she'd stand on my shoulder, cuddled up against my neck. I named her Rose because she loved the rose Hort had given me that night. Oh, that wonderful night.

Beatrix got her white bunny under control with zero to no poblem, and it inspired such love that she named it Teddy (after Tedros of course). Tedros and his wolfhound walked around with Beatrix and her bunny clinging to him. Neither of them liked Beatrix's bunny. Tedros kicked it gently whenever Beatrix wasn't looking, and his wolfhound growled at it, scaring it half to death.

These pets were given in an attempt to unite the schools. But that didn't work out. The Nevers' pets kept ruining school grounds and launching their own droppings at the Evers, while the Evergirls' pets were only good at cuddeling their owners and the Everboys' pets had just the same personailty as their owners. It's simple to say that this attempt at unity caused more harm than good.