five

hwang hyunjin
in my opinion, saturday is best day of the week. especially if you have parents that are nowhere to be seen and the house all to yourself.

i invited hana over for our tutoring, which she said she had all day to do. i was excited because this meant i could get out of that stupid high school this year and not have to deal with minors like...the freshman.

she showed up to my house with a gentle knock at the door and i opened it. i was wearing a white sweatshirt and black sweatpants, my usual. 

she looked all tidied up. her hair was curled, she had a skirt on, with black high heels. they weren't really high heels, but more like...shoe-heels.

"hi..." she said. i looked down at her because she was so short. "i thought you be...more in uniform."

"this isn't school. now come on in." 

she beamed at the sight of my house. "wow...the rumors were right!" she covered her mouth with her hands.

"what rumors?" i asked her as i led her up the stairs. 

"people said that your house was huge. i guess they were right. where's your parents?" she asked me. why was she being so nosy?

"they're on a business trip. anyway, you're here for tutoring, not interviewing." i opened my room door and plopped onto my bed. "start."

she sat down on my bed gently. "i guess this is 'how to be a loser 101.'" she chuckled. 

"haha, so funny. hurry up." i said sarcastically. why was she so comfortable with me? she's making it feel like we were childhood friends.

"wow, rude. you know, i don't have to do this right?" she told me, getting up and threatening to leave. 

"hey, i'm doing my part too. i'm tutoring you too, so if you want to learn how to be me, then i recommend that you stay." 

she rolled her eyes and sat down on my bed as far as she could from me. "so, first, you've gotta cut off all of your friends. they're all popular. you'll just become popular again if you have popular friends."

"nah, i'm not doing that. you know what? i'll just be popular for a year. it won't hurt. bye bye." i waved bye to her.

she furrowed her brow. "wait, what? we both agreed to this." 

"eh, i changed my mind. now get out of my house. please." i made a 'shoo' motion with my hand and hana got up slowly and walked out.

✰✰✰✰✰
lim hana
i walked down his beautiful stairs in sadness. as felix said, i needed to take my opportunity, and i threw it into a fire.

seriously, how could i screw up like this? 

i heard a door open behind me. "hana?"

i turned back miserably. "what." 

he walked down the stairs until he came onto my stair. "i'm sorry."

i ignored him and continued to walk down the stairs. i unlocked the door and left his house. 

i sat on the sidewalk and waited for felix to pick me up in his car.  

felix pulled up and rolled down the window. "damn...this is his house?" i got up and sat in the passenger seat. 

"for real. i was literally drooling, dude." i laughed and we sat in his car for a minute to admire his house.

the front door opened and hyunjin's head popped out. he caught us admiring his house.

before he could even say a word, i demanded to felix that he get out of there immediately. he took my word and pressed down on the gas pedal. 

the car jerked forward and we were off. 

felix and i laughed it off as we made our way to his house.