twelve

hwang hyunjin
as i stepped up on the stage, it took me back to the beginning of this year. mr. jang had told me that i would totally flunk this year if i don't lower my social status asap. all eyes were on me.

mr. jang proudly handed me my diploma and then patted my back as i walked away, mumbling a "good job."

my heart did backflips. my parents would finally be proud of me. although they didn't come, i kept them in my hearts.

hana was wept like crazy in the crowd as felix and minho wiped her tears. i laughed at her, but inside i really knew how proud she was of me.

honestly, i couldn't have made it without her. like, seriously.

i sat down and wrapped my arm around hana, watching all the other kids get their diplomas. she cried on my shoulder as mr. jang did the finishing speech and we all left the room.

felix and minho were ahead, while she and i stayed back. we both did a long sigh, knowing how tiring this school year has been.

changbin and chan caught up to us as we all joked around with each other. minho and felix kept chatting ahead. 

i held the diploma in my hand tighter. i graduated, all thanks to hana.

✰✰✰✰✰
lim hana
all the worries inside me were all gone. i was finally an adult. i was like a butterfly in a cocoon, ready to go out and live. with hyunjin, of course.

he wrapped his around me and sighed. "i guess this is it." he said, looking around. we were all gathered around a few tables, sitting on them and talking about our plans.

"what are your plans for after this?" minho asked, telling the question to all of us.

chan shrugged. "probably going to go and get a job. i'm too dumb for college."

hyunjin and changbin agreed, giggling like idiots after.

everyone else said they were going to college except for chan, and we all explained our elaborate plans to become millionaires. 

changbin even said he'd marry a millionaire woman. we all laughed after that, and honestly, it was hilarious. the way he explained everything down to the tiniest detail.

i've kept everything all bottled up my entire life, like how i was too broke to afford basic things, and how my mom is so worried about me everyday. with hyunjin, i felt like i could just tell him every little detail of my life.

even if we were opposites.