ten

hwang hyunjin
today was wednesday. only halfway until hell ends.

hana and i had made a deal that we wouldn't worry about our popularity status in this school because we're getting out of here soon enough.

she told me that she would tutor me with actual education because i needed it. 

guess what she also told me? she'd be my girlfriend.

 i spotted her sitting on her usual spot, the bright blue table with the benches. she was chatting with minho and felix, in which she told me were her best friends.

one of them pointed at me and hana looked in my direction. 

"stalker!" she yelled out. after, she giggled uncontrollably. 

i frowned. "not a stalker!" i shouted back at her.

she didn't hear me because she replied with "huh?!" and then looked back at minho and felix. 

someone slapped my back and i was startled at the sight of them. 

chan.

"bro, i haven't seen you all year." i told him. chan shrugged.

"i've been places. anyway, what's going on? you and changbin are good?" 

changbin was coming in our direction and we both smiled. "'sup, changbin." chan and i greeted him.

we all did our secret handshake--which i know is childish---and laughed right after.

"the gang is back together!" chan yelled. he was loud enough that people from other countries could hear us.

changbin had brought jeongin along with him. we had to introduce jeongin to chan because he'd been missing from here for a couple of months.

jeongin was visibly feeling uneasy to meet chan, but he opened up after a while. 

life was beginning to look up for me.

✰✰✰✰✰
lim hana
after school, i walked home with hyunjin. i wasn't officially living with him, so my home was still at mom's.

hyunjin knocked on the door while i hid in the bushes, wanting to hear what she said to him. would she like him?

probably not because she heard he got held back, but that doesn't define who he is. he might be a little irresponsible, but i promise, he'll get better.

the door unlocked and it opened up. mom was the first to say anything.

"hana is not here if you are looking for her. probably at some boys house." she said. i knew she almost closed the door, but hyunjin held it open.

"i'm not looking for her. actually, she's in the bushes."

"hyunjin!" i screamed at him. mom peeked out the door and to the left which was where i was. 

"oh, hani." mom reached out toward me and hugged me. she was warm and hugged tightly. she pointed to hyunjin, all confused. "who is this boy? did felix get plastic surgery?"

"mom, no. this is my..." i grinned. "boyfriend." 

mom literally almost died because the moment i said that, she went pale and fell to her knees. 

hyunjin and i helped her up and braced her for information. 

"wait, this is the boy that got held back?" mom doubted him for a second, which i knew she would. "..hana..."

"trust me, miss. i'm better now." he reached his hand out. mom reluctantly shook it. she was still in doubt.

"hani, i want the best for you. he seems like a good guy."

i won!