chapter 27

YOU ARE READING
A   B U S I N E S S   L O V E

Jessie pushed open the entrance doors of the hotel room and gasped at the breathtaking view in front of her. It was a magical scene in winter wonderland. The hotel lobby was lined with tall white trees beaming with Christmas-style decorations. There must have been fifteen in all. The ground was covered with artificial snow and glittery mock diamonds.

She was very excited for the Moretti Group Christmas party as she didn't party like people of her age and the corporate Christmas party was one of the rare events where she'd be able to let loose with people she could relate to.

A live band played jazz music, while the clearly euphoric employees chatted loudly among themselves. The crowd was astonishing; everyone was elegant, all dressed up for the occasion, men in tuxedos, ties and bow ties, and women with their most beautiful ball gowns. The large space preceding the reception hall was bordered by dozens of food stations and true to their Italian roots, there was more food than necessary; seafood, pasta, cheese, cold meat, pizza, grilled meat and more. Experienced chefs prepared the dishes in front of the employees and looking at all this, Jessie had a hard time imagining how they would serve them a five-course menu after all the food that was already available.

Let's say that the Moretti Group did not skimp on this event and Jessie was definitely rapt with wonder and impressed.

She went in search of Mariana who had mentioned that she'd be next to the open bar built out of ice. On her way, Jessie greeted a few colleagues she knew and received several compliments on her look.

"Wow! You're going to outshine everyone tonight, girl!" said Mariana when she saw Jessie.

Jessie had a floor length sexy low-necked semi sheer gown with cascading glittery sequin detail and a split thigh. She had smokey eyes and pink lips with her hair up in a ponytail styled in loose sexy waves.

"Look at you! Mariana, you look so pretty!" said Jessie, amazed by her friend's look.

She had never seen Mariana with her short brown hair in a high hairdo and that much make up on. She looked different, but beautiful in her long satin, side wrap green dress.

"Thank you, my friend," said Mariana. She then got closer to Jessie to whisper, "He won't be able to resist you!"

Jessie smiled at her remark. She couldn't wait to see Julian in this magical atmosphere, even if their relationship was still not out. She already knew that he would be irresistible and it was thrilling to secretly know that she was the one who had the privilege of being his girl.

Deluca, Teresa and Sofia joined them, and they all headed in the gigantic reception room that was completely transformed into a fancy Christmas paradise with a silky blue light atmosphere.

There was a large dance floor in the middle and round tables all around it, decorated with centerpieces made of three long glamorous silver and gold Christmas trees accompanied by glass votive holders and floating candles.

Jessie, as usual, cheerfully chatted with colleagues she knew, and got to know those she had never talked to. She was everywhere at once, never missing an opportunity to network. But tonight, she wasn't just talking business; with a martini in her hand, she was also dancing to the classic pop music the DJ was blasting and she was having fun.

When the Morettis arrived, it was as if the royal family had entered the place. Mauro and his wife Antonella, Julian and Cecilia accompanied by her husband Francisco were the only ones allowed to bring a plus one.

Julian was wearing a perfectly fitted Gucci made to order midnight blue tuxedo with a bow tie and black patent lace-ups. He had his dark blonde hair in a quiff hairstyle and his perfect goatee complemented his classy look. Simply put, he looked like a model.