chapter 19.1

YOU ARE READING
A   B U S I N E S S   L O V E

A few moments later, employees broke out into teams and went to the place where their activity was being held.

Jessie arrived in a big room with an immense white board covering the whole wall, multiple markers of all colors and a few stepladders.

She looked around and there were many men there but no signs of Julian.

She knew no one from that team, so she started networking with a few people near her and everyone was welcoming. 

The activity started and she was nervously but also excitedly looking at the door multiple times, waiting for Julian to arrive.

"Hi!" she heard behind her while she was about to draw something on the board. She quickly turned around, hoping it was Julian, although it didn't sound like his voice. 

"Hi!" she greeted to the guy that had approached her. 

"Anthony, VP of leasing," he said while offering his hand.

"Oh, nice to meet you. Jessie, digital marketing advisor," she said while shaking his hand. As soon as she heard the word VP, flashing lights resonated in her brain. Those were the people she wanted to impress and add to her networking list.

"I don't have much information about leasing. We hear about the constructions and projects a lot, but leasing is a huge part of it as well," she immediately added.

"Yeah, my department is kind of the underdog."

"Do you have maximal occupancy capacity? Is it hard to get tenants?"

"We're not at maximal capacity. We usually have about a 25% rate of inoccupancy. Finding tenants is okay. I work in collaboration with the sales team. The hard part is dealing with the contracts and the tenants themselves."

"I bet so. I can't help with that, but I could eventually help with the 25% rate of inoccupancy. Once the digital marketing strategy is launched, I would love to sit down and discuss how we can add value to your department."

"Straight to business. I like this," said Anthony nodding.

"Absolutely. I'd love to help. That 25% inoccupancy I'm guessing is mostly in our multi-tenant offices and skyscraper condominium developments?"

"Indeed," he said surprised that she was knowledgeable about that.

"You know, we're using the private real estate line of business as a pilot. We will be actively deploying the digital marketing strategy for that LOB as of next week. I'm thinking of the condominiums here. I know it's not the same clientele, but it's still housing. I feel like this could be a low hanging fruit. I'd need to review this in more depth of course. But I'm pretty sure I could kill two birds with one stone and help you decrease your inoccupancy rate, at least for the condos."

"I like what I'm hearing," said an interested Anthony.

Jessie was very enterprising and Anthony could clearly see that she was not the flirty type; she was all about business. She didn't seem like what Brian had described and from that small conversation, she was also far from looking like the dirty secretary who wants a place at the top and uses her charm for it. She was definitely an opportunist, but in the right kind of way; in the way that business should be done.