chapter 48

YOU ARE READING
A B U S I N E S S L O V E

"Mom, we're not gonna be able to get through this if you keep crying," said Jessie as she sponged her face with a tissue for the umptieth time.

"I can't. I've been dreaming of this day for so long. I've been wanting to see you this happy. And it's finally happening," responded Veronica.

They both wiped their tears away as Veronica fixed Jessie's hair.

She had helped her with her hair time and time again over the years for meetings, school projects, presentations and academic contests. But today, she was doing it for her daughter's wedding and her heart was full.

Jessie never thought this day would happen. Here she was, minutes away from marrying her soulmate, the love of her life.

On Christmas Eve, Julian and Jessie had fled to Italy in a private jet accompanied by their parents, Cecilia and Francisco, Anthony and his wife and kids, Mariana and Cyril. It was going to be an intimate wedding, one that represented them perfectly.

Julian stood at the altar with Anthony by his side. Behind him was a breathtaking landscape. The green plains stretching away, the azure blue sky and the peaceful ocean whose surface shone with the brilliance of the sun as if it were covered with millions of diamonds. A light and warm breeze tickled the guests, while their ears were amazed by the musical orchestra of about fifty musicians playing the most beautiful classics.

Julian looked around and saw how everything was just perfect. He wouldn't have had it any other way.

The music stopped briefly; it was time.

The orchestra kicked off a classical version of Coldplay's Yellow with such breathtaking intensity and emotion, it sounded like heaven. It gave goosebumps and shivers to all attendance.

Jessie made her entrance on the arm of her father Alessio, exactly when the orchestra began the melody of the chorus. She looked breathtaking in her enchanting long white dress. No one could remain frozen in the face of this majesty and some of their eyes filled with tears immediately, including Julian's.

He had no doubt, looking at her walking down the aisle with her emotional smile and humid eyes. She was the one, she had always been the one.

They faced each other, holding hands. Their hearts were intertwined and they were ready to spend forever and always together. Not one shadow of a doubt in both their eyes.

"Jessie Provolone, do you take this man to be your husband, to live together in holy matrimony, to love him, to honor him, to comfort him, and to keep him in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?" asked the priest.

Jessie looked deep into his eyes. He was the one her soul had needed, the one who had saved her heart. He had deconstructed all of her fears and insecurities. She felt like home with him, like she was all the way back where she had always belonged. She was ready to spend the rest of her life with him. Through thick and thin, she never wanted to be without him.

"I do."

"Julian Moretti, do you take this woman to be your wife, to live together in holy matrimony, to love her, to honor her, to comfort her, and to keep her in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?"

Julian looked at her intently, with a complete open and vulnerable heart, he said, "I do."

The End