You should more be careful

Violence and cussing and human trafficking ( I will let you know when it happens). 

Timeskip to two days later

 I woke up and got ready for the day then I made breakfast ate it then I headed out for the day. As I walked out, Matt came up behind me and he asked " How are you?" I replied " It was good." I continued asking Matt " How was yours?" Matt answered " It was good." I asked " What's the plan for the day?" Matt replied " Work then maybe get a drink after work." I said " Sounds fun." Matt asked " What about you?" I replied " Work on my article, then do nothing." Matt mocking me " Sounds fun." I laughed and Matt said " I like the sound of your voice." I looked at him and felt heat on my cheeks then Matt asked " Did I say that out loud?" I answered " Yes." He turned red and he said " I am very sorry." I said " It's fine." We walked out in a very comfortable silence then Matt asked " What's on your mind?" I answered " What's happening today with work because the shadow has been underground for about a day but whatever." Matt said " I am sure the shadow will turn out soon." I said " Yeah, maybe." Foggy then came over and said " Hey Matt, Y/n." Matt and I said " Hey Foggy." Matt said " Well, I will see you later." I laughed then I realized what I did and I said " I am so sorry." Matt said " It's fine to laugh." I said " Okay. Well then see you later." We parted ways and I went to my work. 

Y/n's outfit for the day

When I got there May was there and she was on her phone she asked " How has it been?" I replied " It's good

When I got there May was there and she was on her phone she asked " How has it been?" I replied " It's good." I continued asking May " How have you been?" She answered " It's been okay, also I am so excited about the article." I said " Me too." May said " Well, you should get to work." I nodded and said " Yeah, I should." I went to my office and in my personal journal I planned out how I am going to get pictures of myself. Then my boss came in I also forgot to mention that my boss's name is Jack Sable. He said " Good morning Miss. Y/l/n." I said greeting him " Good morning Mr. Sable please come in." He came in and asked " How is it going with the new vigilance article?" I answered " Well sir the vigilance disappeared again but I am hopeful that the person will come out again." Mr. Sable said " Great Mrs. Y/l/n, I want a rough draft of the article before you leave." He left and I went back to planning. Then I started to make up a rough draft of what I was writing for the article. For the rest of the day at work, I was writing and setting up what I think the paper should look like. 

Time Skip brought to you by Matt making blind people jokes 

Human trafficking starts now 

I finished up for the day and I went to my apartment. Matt was there and he said " Hey Y/n." I said " Hey Matt." We went into our apartments and once I heard his door close I grabbed my backpack for being Shadow. Then I heard his door open and close again and I heard him walking down the hallway. I waited 5 minutes and then I left my apartment and I went outside. I walked to an alleyway and checked it for people. No one was there then I changed and I climbed up to the roof and I started running roof to roof when I saw these black cars that guys in masks got out of then I looked around and I saw a kid who was sleeping on the ground. I turned invisible and then I jumped down from the roof landing quietly. 

The guys were picking the kid up when I used my power to lift the kid up and then DareDevil came in and he punched the guy and he said to me " Keep the kid away from them." I said " Okay." understanding him. I then started shaking the kid to wake him up. He woke up and he asked scared " Who are you?" I answered " I am shadow." He looked over his shoulder and he asked " What happened?" I answered " These men were trying to get you but don't worry I have you and Dare Devil is protecting us. I want you to not look at what DareDevil is doing." I asked " What's your name?" He answered " Jake Babcock." I asked " Where are your parents?" He answered " Dead." I nodded understanding. I said offering " You should come stay at my place for a few days." Jake said " But then I would know who you are." I said " That's fine with me, I would rather have that than you be taken away." He said " Okay." I said " Okay." DareDevil then came over and asked Jake " Are you okay kid?" He nodded and I said to Jake " He can't see you." Jake said " Yeah, I am thank you for your help." DareDevil held his hand out and Jake took it shaking it. Jake let go and so did DareDevil and I said to DareDevil " I am going to take him to my home for a few days." He said " Okay."  Jake got a backpack and he said " I am good to go." 

I nodded and then I flew him up to the roof with myself then we went to the alleyway I got changed into my sweatpants and hoodie that I had in the backpack. I took my mask off and put it in the bag. I looked at Jake and he saw my face. I took the hoodie off my head and smiled at him. I said " There now you know what I look like." Jake said " Okay." I said " My real name is Y/n Y/l/n." He said " Okay nice to meet you Y/n." I said " Nice to meet you too Jake." We got to my apartment and I showed him where to get some food I told him to take a shower and then I set the couch up for him. I said in a quiet voice " I have to talk to DareDevil about what happened." Jake nodded I went to the door and Jake followed me. I pointed to the lock " Lock the door, the windows are also locked, your safe." Jake hugged me and said " Thank you Y/n." I hugged him back and then I said " I am going to go now." Jake nodded and then I left. 

I went to the alleyway and I changed and I went to the roof and went over about a block and I called out " DareDevil we need to talk." I stayed where I was and then about 30 minutes later he finally came. He asked " How's the kid?" I answered " He's fine he has things that he needs at my place." I asked " Has anything like this ever happen before?" DareDevil answered " Yes, it has." I asked " What happened?" DareDevil answered " I took down an entire mafia." I nodded understanding and said " Okay, I have to get back home to him so yeah." DareDevil said " That's fine take care of him for a while." I said " I intend to trust me." DareDevil said " You know I like the sound of your voice." I blushed and said " Thanks." He put an arm over my shoulder and said " We did good tonight we saved a kid so now we need our rest." I nodded and said " Yeah, we do." 

I went to the alleyway I changed and I went back to my apartment. Luckily Matt hasn't come home yet so that's a win. I went inside and I saw Jake who was still awake I asked " Why are you still awake?" He answered " I wasn't  ready to go to sleep." I said " That's fine let me call off work." Jake said " I made us some food." I tasted it and he was actually a good cook. I said " There might be days when I do come here with wounds." He said " Okay." We ate and then I got dressed for bed I gave Jake a shirt and shorts to use. We then went to sleep in my bed he asked to do this because he was still worried so I slept lightly.