𝟓 - 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐬 (𝟏/𝟐)

It hasn't been a while since Chan turned 14 and so he was still learning to be more mature and be more conscious about his family protocols.

Just like what happened recently.

It all started 3 weeks ago on the Saturday morning when Chan woke up in his bed and was about to make his way to the kitchen when Soonyoung blocked the doorway.

"Uhhh, what's up Hoshi hyung?"

"You can't go in the kitchen just yet"

Chan let out a chuckle of disbelief. "And why?"

"Jeonghan's hyung cooling off after the fight with Seungcheol hyung. And brother fight protocol, don't mess with the oldest hyungs"

"But I'm hungry" Chan whined.

"Wait for a little while longer Channie-ah, I've been waiting for breakfast for an hour now" Hansol said, patting his shoulder.

Chan sighed, before making his way to his parents' bedroom, about to complain when he spotted Jihoon outside their parents' bedroom door standing like some kind of bodyguard.

"Hold up squirt, you can't come in to Eomma and Appa's room" Jihoon stopped him.

"And may I know why?"

"Cheol hyung's in there. Brother fight protocols, don't interrupt the son and parent conversation"

"But I-"

"Save it Chan" Jihoon raised his palm, dropping the subject.

Chan let out a groan of frustration, stomping his way to the backyard.

2 days passed with a breeze and Chan just came home from school when he rose an eyebrow at the sight of the house.

He was met with the Minghao opening the door, giving him a look before pulling him in.

"What the fudge Hyung?" Chan said, annoyed.

"It's just Chan, don't worry" Minghao said through the small mic wrapped around his head.

"What's.......going on?" Chan asked yet again.

"It seems like the fight of Seungcheol hyung and Jeonghan hyung have escalated from a The8 Calm to a Devil Jisoo" Wonwoo said.

Chan shuddered. "A Devil Jisoo is a mad case"

"Exactly"

"Thank Jun hyung for that" Minghao rolled his eyes.

Jun came out from one of the hallways. "Me?! I was just telling Seungcheol hyung to at least apologize first to Han hyung!" He yelled.

"No! Clearly it was Jeonghan hyung's fault in the first place!" Minghao yelled back.

"Jeonghan hyung is completely innocent!"

"Innocent my ass! No wonder you're so gullible as f*ck!" Minghao snapped, removing his earpiece.

Jun gasped before glaring at the younger. "So that's how you want it, huh skeleton boy?" He growled, pushing his sleeves up.

"Oh it's on!" Minghao yelled, taking fast steps towards Jun.

"Hold up you two" Wonwoo said, standing in the middle before speaking in the mic. "We got a code C, I repeat code C"

Then suddenly, Jihoon and Soonyoung ran from upstairs and grabbed one of their arms before bringing them to separate rooms, Jun to the kitchen while Minghao to the balcony.

"Great, just great" Wonwoo sighed, before looking at Chan. "You can come into your room Chan, the coast is clear"

Chan rolled his eyes, giving Wonwoo a cold glare but marching his way to his room.

He entered his room and slammed the door as hard as he can, making sure everyone could hear before throwing his bag on the bed.

"F*ck my life" He groaned, pulling his hair.

During dinner (with a bit of a change of the seating arrangements), Chan didn't speak at all. Not a single word.

Appa Choi noticed this. "So Chan, how was school?"

The table fell silent.

"Nothing interesting" Chan answered with a blank tone, not looking at anyone.

"Okay, what's with that attitude Chan?" Jisoo crossed his arms.

"Yah, don't scold him hyung" Seokmin said through gritted teeth.

Chan rolled his eyes as another fight was about to begin. "I'm full" He said, abruptly standing up from his chair and making his way to his room.

"Little brat" Jisoo said irritatingly, when he felt a mashed potato land on his face.

He wiped it off and glared at the one who caused it, that being Seokmin who was glaring back at him.

"What is up with you?" Seokmin said, clearly mad. It was rare to see Seokmin mad, and if he was, boy it is not gonna end well.

"Chan is being rude"

"You're not seeing his side"

"Do I give a f*ck?"

Seokmin growled.

Appa Choi sighed. "Boys, languag-"

"YOU'VE BEEN SO MOODY!" Soonyoung finally snapped.

"AND SO WHAT? CAN'T HE BE MAD FOR ONCE?!" Jihoon yelled back.

"BUT HIM LETTING IT OUT ON CHAN GONNA SOLVE ANYTHING HUH?!" Soonyoung yelled.

Wonwoo sighed. "We're going from Devil Jisoo to a bickering Kwan and Chan"

"That's it, we're out" Hansol said, pulling Seungkwan with him.

"Hold up Sol, you got some explaining to do" Seungkwan said, pulling his arm out of Hansol's grip as he crossed his arms. "Mind telling me why you were with Moonbin yesterday?"

"We were partners for that one Science project okay?"

"Really? Last time I check I was in that same Science class. And I know you swapped partners with some classmate of ours so that you can be partners with Moonbin"

And then the two began to argue back and forth.

Wonwoo sighed. "Hang on people, we're escalating to a smashing guitar Jihoon"

"Stop with that would 'ya?!" Mingyu yelled, annoyed.

Wonwoo growled. "I'm just stating facts here!"

"Oh so calling us names are facts, blind boy"

Wonwoo's eye twitched. "What did you just call me?" He asked in a dark tone.

"B-L-I-N-D......BOY" Mingyu spelled out, before Wonwoo pulled his hair.

Appa Choi slammed his fist on the table, but it came out silent as the noise of argues just rose higher and higher.

Meanwhile upstairs Chan was on the phone with Jin.

"My hyungs are fighting Jin hyung" Chan sniffled. "I'm scared, I've never seen them like this before"

"I feel you little bro, even with us being only 7, we can get into huge fights"

Chan whimpered when he suddenly heard banging downstairs.

"Fights are normal Chan. But if you can't handle it there, you're always welcome here to stay the nigh-"

"I'll be in there in 5 minutes" Chan said immediately before abruptly ending the call, as he climbed out of his bed.