chapter 7

Kiana had went through 2 weeks of being called names, occasionally hit, the occasional visit to the nurse, and not being able to talk to her mother. She didn't see Tom ever again, but people still whispered and spread any rumor with any little information.

When she was at the entrance of school, Rory came up behind her. "Hey. You miss me?" "No. Didn't we talk throughout those 2 weeks, why would I miss you?" Rory walked with her to home room. "What classes do you have today?" "Oh, here." Rory showed Kiana all her classes, and then Rory realized she was in all the same classes as Kiana. "I'll see you practically all day." "Unfortunately..." The teacher walked in and everybody got to their seats. Tom's desk was empty, and people could visualize the dust collecting and the spiderwebs forming.

Rory yawned as she went over to Kiana. She was talking to the teacher. "Kiana, looks like you're good for now. Keep it up." "Okay." Kiana turned around and Rory was there, waiting for her. She locked arms with her and started chatting about the 2 weeks and how much she missed her, even though they had called and met up. "Science." Kiana said, fixing her posture. She stood outside the class and waited. Rory was right by her side. When she saw the science teacher in the hallway, Kiana went inside and took her seat. Rory went to her own desk at the same moment the teacher entered. "Who's ready?!" The science teacher shouted, but nobody responded and just stared. "Okay then, let's get started..."
...

"Free period??" Rory asked eagerly as they exit the classroom. "Oh, I guess." Kiana looked at her watch. "I'll go to the bathroom." "I'll come with you!" Kiana stared at her, muttering, "Creep."

Kiana washed her hands and put up her hair. She cleared up her glasses. Rory was staring at her. "Wow, you look so pretty with your hair up, and the glasses complete the look..." "Tch, that's just you. And you're delusional." Rory grinned and hugged Kiana's waist. "Stop. Too close." "We're best friends."

Kiana was staring intensely at Rory. "What? What did I say?" "Nothing." She was still hugging her waist, seeming to be grabbing it. "Let go." Rory grinned. "It's fine. You won't punch me, nothing like that. Pretty sure you can't punch anybody, matter of factly."
...
"... Hm." Rory stared down at Kiana. "What're you thinking about? Let's leave." She didn't pull away, she was waiting for Kiana to make the move to leave.
...
"You're too silent, Kia. You're scaring me.."
"... Do you think glasses get in the way of kissing?" Rory's eyes widened. "What—"

The Class President and Her Followerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें