chapter 10

Kiana stared up at her mother from the floor, unfazed. "Did I say you could have people over? When did you get friends? Brat. You've become more annoying by the day."

Kiana only stared, but she glanced and caught Rory at the top of the stairs, staring at her, concerned. "Sorry, mother." "You better be." Her mother snarled. "If you're gonna go and do drugs with sudden friends, do it out of my home." Kiana nodded as her mother went into her room and slammed the door. Rory tip-toed down the stairs. "Ah, I should leave." "I'll go with you." Rory grabbed her shoes, putting them on. "Are you sure?" Kiana nodded, smiling softly. She put on her shoes as well, following Rory out the door. She gently shut the door and Rory was staring at her, frowning. "Your mother's mean." Kiana smiled and softly said, "Yeah, I suppose she is."

Rory and Kiana were walking along the sidewalk when Rory stopped. "Let's go to my house!" "Is it far?" Rory grabbed her hand and started walking in a different direction.

After a few minutes of walking, they arrived at Rory's house, which wasn't small but not as big as Kiana's house. Rory led her inside, and a man with a short beard came out from the kitchen. "Ah, Rory! You're home!" He spotted Kiana and frowned. "She is?" "My girlfriend!"

He gaped, eyes wide. His eyes were darting back and forth between Rory and Kiana. Kiana remained unbothered.

"I did not know you swing that way, Ror. But, uhm, would have been nice if you told me." Rory smiled. The man came up to Kiana with his hand out, offering to shake her hand. "Hey, I'm Rory's father. Nice to meet you..?" "Kiana." He smiled, shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you, Kiana. You seem civilized, and I sure hope you are." "If I wasn't, I'd be dead right now."

"...Oh." The man slowly retreated back to the kitchen, frowning and confused from Kiana's response. Rory had taken Kiana to her room.

"Ta-Da!! The lair!" Kiana saw bright lights and felt like a crippling headache was on the way. "Your room is.. interesting." She saw The Walking Dead posters, and anime figures and manga on bookshelves. "Thank you!" Rory grinned. Kiana sat down in a chair with wheels, turning to face Rory. Rory was in front of her, leaning down and becoming face-to-face with Kiana. She was smiling, expecting something. Kiana stared, an eyebrow raised. She finally said, "You're too close." Rory frowned.

"That's it?" Kiana tilted her head, amused. "What else do you want from me?" Rory groaned, flopping onto her bed with her arms and legs outstretched. "Where is the Kiana that kissed me in the bathroom?!!" "Oh, she's long gone." Kiana said, spinning in the chair. "You're right. She probably is. She was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity." Kiana stopped spinning, staring at Rory. "So you didn't dislike it?" Rory paused. "Well- no.." Kiana laughed. She was frowning, staring intently at Kiana. "What are you laughin' at?" "You."

Rory looked at the clock and reported,  "It's 6:08." Kiana stopped. "I should get home." Rory nodded, smiling. "Bye!" "Mhm, bye."