chapter 9

Rory stopped Kiana after school. "Uhm, Kiana!" She grabbed her arm at the gates of the school. Kiana turned around and wasn't fazed. She kept a straight face. "Hm?" Rory was red in the face, maybe from the weather. "Uh, mind if I come over?" "Right now?" Kiana asked suspiciously. She nodded. Kiana sighed tiredly and nodded. She followed her home, and Kiana's mother wasn't there, which Kiana could only expect.

"My mom isn't home. She barely is." Rory was staring at her. "Oh. Do you like your mother?" Kiana turned around to look at her. "No." Her eyes widened and she was stunned. "Aw." Rory frowned and hugged her. When she let go, Kiana was scowling. Rory grinned, then ran upstairs to her room. "Don't touch anything." "Can't promise!" Kiana dragged her body up the stairs, resisting to drop down dead.

When she entered, Rory was staring at her computer. "What's wrong?" She looked at her and grinned, "Memorizing the homework!" Kiana glared at her. "Punk." She muttered. Kiana sat on her bed neatly with her hands in her lap as Rory was jumping and leaping around. "Why are you here?" Rory came to a stop. "I have decided," Rory came and stood right in front of Kiana. Kiana looked up at her suspiciously. She folded her fingers, Kiana assumed it was for suspense, and made a thoughtful face. Then she glared at Kiana, and a grin slowly appeared. "I will," She kept adding pauses for dramatic effect and Kiana was getting annoyed with it. You could never tell with Rory. She could frown at the last minute and probably kill Kiana or herself. "Date you!" Kiana stared. "What?"

"Didn't you hear me? I'm returning your feelings." Rory was smiling. "Mn. Yeah, I heard." Kiana repeated it. "So, you're going to date me?" "Yep!" "Mn..." Rory raised a eyebrow. "You're not happy? Not glad? Not relieved? Feel some emotion!" Rory groaned jokingly. "I do feel emotion, it's why I'm in love with you." Rory's eyes widened and she blushed staring at her. "Oh- Ah. Do you feel anything else?" "Excuse me?" Kiana stared up at her. "Not relief?? Anything else at all?" She thought for a few minutes. "Right, yes. I feel very happy." Rory leaned in close, smiling softly. "Why?"

"Because of you." Rory lit up and wrapped Kiana in a hug, making her flop onto the bed.

Kiana heard the door open, which Rory didn't. She jumped up, carefully grabbing Rory's shoulders and taking her off her. "What? What's wrong?" "Shh." Rory stayed silent. Kiana whipped her head to look at Rory, then made a gesture saying to keep silent until she said so. "Mom." She whispered. Kiana got up and headed downstairs into the living room, where she was greeted quite "warmly" by her mother.

"Kiana. You have somebody over?" "Yes, mother." Her mother's piercing eyes stared down at her as she hung her head. Then she struck Kiana with a firm slap, shoving her to the ground.