1. Afton💚

The lively music escaped from the club, flowing onto Burnett Street, Hatfield. Hordes of students were out and about; some headed back to their student accommodations,some to the fast food restaurants and some to groove like me.

A popular young DJ, Uncle Waffles, was at this Thursday's student night. My friends and I eagerly waited in the lengthy line to get into the club. I took out my camera to vlog the scene. My subscribers had been begging for a new YouTube video lately.

We had left Keandre's room in a mess; clothes strung everywhere and cheap make-up supplies scattered across the study table, however, the results (our looks) were more than satisfactory.

Soon enough, we were let in. Keandre was extremely thrilled to be "breathing the same air" as her celebrity crush. We weaved through the crowd and got to the bar to have some shots and grab a bucket of ciders. Very soon, the alcohol coursed through my body and the music began to sound livelier than ever before.

This was all I needed after an academically challenging week.

As I danced, my eyes landed on a woman. Her allure pulled me in like a magnet; like a bright fresh rose among mundane leaves. It made me want to stop and stare. She stood alone, holding a cider in her hand and moved to the upbeat music; her jet black Afro slightly bounced along with her movements and the disco lights perfectly illuminated her rich dark brown skin.

Woah.

I have to approach her.

I started to make my way towards her. My heart beat fast in anticipation to speak to her.

A young man stood in my way.

"Hey, beautiful." He said

"Hey?" I glanced behind him to make sure the pretty girl wasn't going anywhere.

"Can I get your number?" He said

I winced, "Ooo sorry. My boyfriend is waiting for me outside."

My boyfriend. Lol. A story I tell to get men to leave me alone, 'cause telling them that I'm not interested doesn't have the best success rate.

I darted out of the way as the young man tried to further the conversation.

Only to figure out that the pretty lady had disappeared into thin air. My heart dropped. I glanced all around me and just like that, she was gone.

"Shucks! I've missed my chance!"

Author's Note:

Thank you all for your support!💚💜

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Glossary:
Groove: a South African term for clubbing