💚Epilogue💜

Nandi's POV
Ten Years Later

I was enjoying my peaceful sleep when Afton started tickling me.

"Wake up sleepy head."

I guffawed. "I-I'm u-p up! A-fton...St-op! I'm up!"

She bounced off the bed,pulling the duvet off of me.

"I've let you snooze for long enough; get up now." She said

"Why is our flight so early?" I grumbled but Afton had already left the room

I got up and shuffled to my en-suite bathroom for a quick shower.

For some reason, my girl and I had slept at 3am talking about a whole lot of useless things, yet we had to be up early to go to the airport.

After my shower, I quickly got dressed and headed downstairs were Afton and I made sure that we had everything we needed for our trip. Afterwards, we loaded our suitcases into my Jeep Wrangler and drove out of our townhouse.

Initially, we lived in our respective apartments, however we seriously could not get enough of each other. We were constantly having sleepovers and spending weeks at each other's apartments,so we eventually decided to live together.

"Hey guys! Welcome to my vlog!" Afton started her intro as I drove. Her YouTube channel had blown up over the years and she got to work with many brands.

"So we're finally headed to Mauritius! I'm super excited."-She did a little scream -"aaaannd I'm with my best friend..."

She pointed the camera towards me and I glanced at it. "Hey y'all! I'm so excited for this vacation. I've always wanted to visit an island, since I was a little girl; this is such a dream come true."

"Tell me about it. It's been such a long year. Can't wait to relax and not worry about anything..." Afton added

After a while Afton stopped recording and we chatted all along the way to O.R Tambo International airport. Minutes later we arrived at the airport and shortly boarded our four hour flight to Mauritius.

💚

By the time we got to our destination, the warm sun shone brightly in the clear sky. The weather was so warm and perfect.

We took a cab to the  resort and checked in. Our room was luxurious with fresh white bedding, a beautiful bathroom, some complementary gifts and a TV.

After Afton shot a room tour, we changed into our sundresses and headed to one of the restaurants. It had a spectacular view of the crystal blue sea. We ordered some mimosas once seated.

"Can you believe that we started our date list as students, and now we have good jobs and can afford trips like this? I told you that we must dream big." Afton said

I don't even want to lie, I thought that Afton was being extreme when she started adding stuff like; "Go to Disneyland", "Visit an island" etc to the date list, but here we are.

"Yeesss. Once again, Afton, you were right." I said

Afton smiled sweetly and raised her glass towards me. "To many more international trips."

We clinked our glasses together.

"Amen to that." I said

After eating we changed into our swimwear then we headed to the beach. Afton held my hand, her favourite thing to do, as we walked into the cool water.

We swam, until the sun settled beautifully over the ocean in an array of pink and orange. After taking a few snaps, we sat on our towels and watched the sunset.

"Afton, thank you; for doing all this with me. It's not only about the travel date. It's about life in general. I'm so lucky to have you by my side daily."

She put her arm over my shoulder. "I'm grateful for you too. Thank you for choosing to spend your life with me everyday. I'm so glad that it has worked out after all these years, my forever squish."

I'm on my dream vacation with my favourite person. My heart bursted with joy.

Forget romance. I could spend many more lifetimes like this ...

Author's Note:
Thank you so much for reading!
I appreciate y'all!
Don't forget to vote and comment!
💜♠️💚

Author's Note:Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate y'all!Don't forget to vote and comment!💜♠️💚

Imagine having a qpp🥲