4. Afton 💚

Afton's POV

Editing was the most tedious process of being a YouTuber. I had spent half the afternoon doing it, but I was finally done and uploaded the video on YouTube.

I hope my subscribers like it!

My phone lit up with a message and I unlocked it.

Keandre🌷: my gorgeous beautiful intelligent talented  friend 🥺

Afton 💚: Wat soek jy?😹😹😹 (What do you want?)

Keandre🌷:  i'm still on campus working on that group assignmen 😭 2 ppl wanna buy some stuff today... would you mind helping me with my customers, vriendin?🥹 (friend)

Afton💚:  no problem girl

Keandre🌷: dankie!!! (Thank you!!!) The stuff is in my cupboard

Afton💚: cool

I took my laptop and textbook, and walked down the passage to Keandre's room. I took the stuff then proceeded to walk to our kitchen. Keandre sold a variety of make-up products and tote bags.

I sat on the bar stool, listening to my soul and rnb playlist as I waited for the customers to come collect their packages.

I was immersed in my public law module when a knock sounded on the door.

There was one more package left, it contained two lipglosses; a strawberry and watermelon flavour. Great! I'm done!

"Come in!" I said

I watched the door open.

It was Her.

Somehow, I knocked over my hydro flask.  I quickly picked it up from the floor, a little embarrassed about all the noise.

Why did that have to happen?

"Sorry about that." I said

She was even more stunning up close. She had a silver nose ring. Her hair was now in Senegalese twists tied up in a high ponytail that accentuated her dark upturned eyes.

"It's okay. How are ya?" She spoke, her voice was like a melody. I wanted to hear her speak all day. Does she sing? I'm sure it sounds amazing.

"I'm well, thanks and you?" I said

She sighed and walked closer to me. She smelled as great as she looked.

"I'm so tired. I just came back from a two hour practical." She said

Really? She looks so damn good.

"Oh jinne. Uni is literally the bane of our existence honestly. What are you studying?"

"Tell me about it! I'm studying civil engineering. What about you?"

"Ooo women in STEM. I see you."

Pretty and smart.

She chuckled."Heck yeah! What about you? What are you studying?"

"Law."

"Wow. That too is a lot of pressure."

"Ja (Yes).It definitely is. There's no easy degree, man. Umm ironically Keandre is caught up with some work too, sooo I'm helping her out today."