[2]

The life raft laid on its side as everyone held whatever they had brought with them tight to their chest. Some people were spread on the sandy beach, but they made sure they were in a group and not on their own. The adrenaline wore off when they made it to the island, Kana had barely spotted it when she turned a random direction and pointed to the dot. Everyone was relieved when the island got closer to them, they visibly relaxed but on the inside, they were nervous on what exactly they would find on this mysterious island.

Their footsteps on the wet sand were washed away by the waves of the ocean, the plane was in a watery grave which chilled all of them to the bone. They were at a fair distance so nothing horrifying would wash on shore. It didn't seem that there would be any storms after that big one, there were no clouds or any indication of bad weather in the sky. The sun was even shining brightly on all of them, normally this would be perfect weather to have fun in the ocean but after their incident, they didn't want to step foot in the ocean any time soon.

The surviving passengers were weary of their surroundings and tried blocking out the cries from the other passengers before the plane hit the ocean from their minds. A majority of them were pissed that their suitcases were not saved from the wreckage since they held their valuables and extra clothing to wear. The rest thought that at least they were still alive.

Nowaki hooked his wet carryon bag over his shoulders as he assessed his surroundings. He stared at all of the plants which blocked the stretch of beach from the inside of the forests of the island. Birds chirped without a care in the dense forest as he tried to locate anything beyond the trees to indicate there was more than just birds. His hand touched the side of his head as he flinched from the pain. He needed to clean his wound and bandage it so it wouldn't get infected when he slept at night.

He knew he still had his first aid kit inside of his carryon bag after growing used to having it as a necessity in his everyday life. He would get onto bandaging himself when a clean water source was found. From how much the other passengers were weary of even entering the forest, Nowaki might have to venture inside of the forest himself. Not that he minded, his tall stature would help him scout out the area and his eyesight wasn't too bad to locate anything out of the ordinary.

When this water source was found, they would at least have some leverage on not dehydrating themselves so quickly. The sea water wouldn't do them any good in their current situation. He already had to stop some of the people from drinking the water since the salt would dehydrate them faster and was bad for them. The fact a good portion of them didn't know sea water was undrinkable was just something Nowaki couldn't comprehend.

"It looks like we are stuck here for a while." Nowaki mumbled, placing his bag on a rock, he turned his back to it to watch the ocean. "And there is no possible way for us to call someone to come save us...maybe by an off chance an airplane might fly over this island. But then again..how big is this island anyway?"

Xxxxxxxxx

A pair light brown eyes stared at the tall young man to make sure he wasn't looking at his direction as he observed him. He crouched down as he crept closer to the thick bush and placed his spear right beside his feet. His muscular limbs were on full display since he wore a simple loincloth to give him more movement as one of the hunters of his tribe. His long brown hair was tied back with a thin strip of cloth to prevent it from going into his face. Feeling curious of the bag with so many shiny parts, he took a step back as he got closer to the young man. It had been a while since anything washed up on the beaches of their island, so this was pretty interesting.

He remembered how parts of a boat washed up when he was young, and his mother explained how the metal was used to make sure water wouldn't get into the boat. The fascination of the outside world his mother talked to him about always resurfaced in his mind, despite the fact that they were stuck on that island for life. It was a vast land that no one had ever managed to find throughout this world yet, this was something his mother was always amazed by. He traveled with her all the time around the island, and she always mentioned how her native land wasn't that big compared to other parts of the world.