[15]

"Nowaki, can you braid my hair? I don't want to have hair in my face while I'm fishing."

Nowaki wiped down his hands on his skirt, eager to braid Hiroki's hair. "Sure!" He motioned to the spot in front of him. "Sit."

Hiroki maneuvered himself in front of Nowaki and sat down. Facing away from Nowaki, he waited with bated breath for Nowaki to touch him. Nowaki attempted to hide his lingering touches, but he felt those fingers ghost over his neck, giving him goose pimples.

He gained his revenge whenever he carried Nowaki in his arms. Although, he had a sneaking suspicion that Nowaki began to enjoy having someone carry him around. In any case, he enjoyed showing his strength to his future husband.

Nowaki loved running his fingers through Hiroki's long hair. Ever since the first time he did it, he kept on fixing up Hiroki's hair to keep it from tangling with the forest brush. As someone who used to braid hair in the orphanage, the girls flocked to him to do it for them. He didn't mess them up too bad.

On one occasion, he saw Hiroki with multiple twigs in his hair. A day in the woods resulted in this spectacle. It amused him to no end as he picked the remnants from his hair.

He enjoyed having this bonding activity with him. Something which prompted them to speak to one another and show a bit of affection. Sitting behind him on the floor, Nowaki separated Hiroki's hair into three parts, and started forming the braid.

Nowaki hummed. "How long are you going to be out?"

Hiroki shrugged his shoulders. "Most of the day, I'm not too sure yet. We don't need a lot of provisions. Do we need to replace anything?"

Nowaki informed him. "We need water more than anything. I can get that while you're out. We're well stocked on dry meat and fruit for this week. So, I think it's good that you're fishing for today, we ran out last night."

"Good. I'd rather not have us starve." Hiroki leaned his head forward, sighing in bliss as Nowaki forgone his braid in favor of massaging his shoulders. "Do all doctors have magic hands?"

"Hmm...I'm not sure." Nowaki chuckled. Hiroki melted underneath his hands; this boosted his confidence. "I never made it a habit to compare shoulder massages with other medical students. Everyone was too busy studying for their tests. Are you enjoying yourself?"

Hiroki purred. "Yes."

"That's good."

A minute later, Nowaki switched from massaging to braiding. He still had half a braid left to go. He snickered at the indignant huff coming from Hiroki. Imagining his pout, he tried not to burst into laughter. Hiroki's lack of complaining didn't stop Nowaki from seeing the obvious body cues.

Nowaki tied the end with a piece of ripped fabric. He instructed Hiroki in a playful tone. "Try not to get leaves in your hair, Hiroki-san."

Hiroki huffed. "It just happens. Let's see you try to keep your hair leaf-free when you're busy navigating through the forest. I'll make fun of you then."

Hiding his amused smile, Nowaki got up alongside Hiroki and watched him gather his equipment. "I rather like my hair short."

"You'll grow out your hair soon enough. You don't want to seem like an outsider, do you?" Hiroki tutted.

"Maybe, maybe not."

Before Hiroki left, he gave Nowaki a good-bye kiss. As he broke the kiss, Nowaki swooped back in, extending the kiss for a while longer. This action left Hiroki breathless when he walked out the door.