[16]

Misaki shrieked when someone's hands held him from behind. Snapping his head to the side, he saw Aki stifling the beginnings of a laugh. Indignant, Misaki hit Aki's solar plexus with his elbow, causing Aki to release him from his hold. Taking a few steps back, he watched Aki rub the spot with small circles.

After the meeting, they agreed in meeting in the middle of their villages. A busy area made up of trails were numerous people walked through at all hours of the day. Some people used the area as a hangout spot, the view of the ocean was spectacular. Misaki insisted on hanging out there. A perfect location to uphold Aki's banishment and have a chance for a proper conversation.

Aki pouted at the news but agreed to the terms. Any reason to speak to Misaki and guide him into the path of marriage. Hiroki's advice in toning down his quest, echoed through his mind.

Then again, he couldn't help but tease Misaki into these hilarious reactions.

Misaki put his hands on his hips, frowning at Aki's obvious amusement. "What did I tell you about sneaking up me?"

Aki smirked. "You said nothing of the sort." He leaned against one of the trees, displaying his fit form to Misaki's eyes. Seeing Misaki take second look made his chest puff up in pride.

Misaki playfully rolled his eyes. "Why did I agree to a friendship with someone like you? I never had someone scare me all the time."

Aki shrugged his shoulders. His usual smart remark kept under wraps. Misaki relaxation in his presence differentiated from the skittish young man from before. He liked having Misaki speak to him rather than running away toward the other direction. At the time, he didn't know what to do to diffuse the situation. It didn't help that Misaki ran behind Leader Soshi in order to avoid him.

Beyond Misaki, he waved at familiar faces, some of which appeared surprised to see him near the village. Two men in particular did a double take when they saw him. They used their eyes to motion toward Misaki, Aki nodded with smugness.

Misaki noticed his distraction and turned around. He waved at these people with a big smile on his face. Aki bit the inside of his lip to hide his laughter at the two men's comments as they wandered away.

"Didn't know he had it in him to seduce the kid."

"I know. I'm impressed."

"Maybe I have a chance with one of the cute foreign girls."

"Go for it! I know you liked the one who..."

"They all seemed nice." Misaki smiled. "What were those two guys talking about?"

Aki presented a sincere smile. "They're happy that we're friends."

Misaki beamed. "Cool."

"Cool? Like cold?"

Misaki explained. "It's another word for great. It doesn't mean cold."

Aki nodded his head. "Alright. That's good to know."

He thanked Misaki's stupidity in understanding none of his language. Having everyone think that Misaki was taken worked to his advantage. Less competition for Misaki's affections.

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Eyes directed to the sky; the Shaman tutted. Hitting his lower back with his fist, he shivered from the oncoming chill of the oncoming wind. The sporadic changes in weather came with their own set of consequences. Good thing the leaders implemented multiple precautions and calmed down any panic stricken minds. Their village functioned better when everyone stuck to protocol.

Procedures that the escapees failed to notice during their attempts at sneaking around. Their lack of stealth astounded him.

Of course, storms crept onto them in a moment's notice. He couldn't predict every instance as accurate. Weather patterns changed at the drop of a hat. Although, their vigilance in keeping an eye out for sudden dips in weather saved multiple lives.