Someone To Talk To

Since you had woken up in your cell, and after the subsequent interrogation and decision of keeping you prisoner, two full days had gone by as you remained where you were. At least, you assumed it had been two days as though you didn't have sunlight to give you an idea of the time of day, you were given necessities in order to survive and this included three meals a day so you didn't starve - since waking up in your cell, you have had seven meals so you based the passage of time on that.

Over the course of your imprisonment, you had also been introduced to Karnak, Gorgon and Triton but not for any friendly reasons. Gorgon acted as intimidation of sorts as just by looking at him you could tell he could break you with his pinky, never mind the ground shaking stomp which he was all too happy to boast about. Karnak visited once to check on your injuries to see if you were in need of any medical treatment, the key word being "see" as he simply looked you over for a second before leaving. Then there was Triton, his visits were simply to drop you off some food and leave - he was not much for conversation.

In short, these visits were little more than formalities, Karnak and Triton at least as Gorgon did enjoy scaring you by making it seem he would stomp his foot to create an earthquake. But at least you could say Black Bolt was a man of his word, metaphorically speaking, as Medusa did speak for her husband to inform you your imprisonment would at the very least be comfortable if you didn't pose a threat - they may be Inhuman but they weren't inhumane it would seem.

That being said, the isolation was something that did get to you. There wasn't much conversation when you were visited in your cell, making it very quiet as you didn't exactly have much to think about on the account of your amnesia. But why was that the case? Why couldn't remember anything about who you were or how you even arrived in Attilan? You just couldn't remember and so it left your head empty which only added to the ironically deafening silence of isolation.

"It's so quiet" you thought to yourself as you sat on the bed in your cell, if only to break the aforementioned silence. It wasn't too long since you were last brought food either so you weren't exactly expecting Triton to drop by, thinking to yourself was the only thing to keep the silence at bay so you again tried to think about anything that would explain your situation.

But then, as your head was starting to hurt from your attempts at forcing recollections, there was the recognisable sound of the door to the jails cells being opened. It made your head perk up as you wondered what this would mean due to the aforementioned fact you recently received food. You called out to whoever it may be, mostly to avoid silence again, and footsteps started to approach before you saw Crystal.

What made Crystal's presence different from the other visit you received was that as she saw you...she smiled? It wasn't a malicious smile either, it wasn't to taunt you about your current situation. Crystal's smile was actually gentle and warm as she approached your cell whilst you just sat on your bed.

"Hi" she then greeted you so casually, the first real conversation starter that didn't involve intimidation like with Gorgon. Crystal just greeted you casually before she asked you how you were feeling, and the irony followed with how you just remained silent even after wanting to avoid such a thing. You were just so confused as you stared back at Crystal as she kept her soft smile, before tilting her head at your lack of response.

"Is something wrong?" She then asked and you jumped, breaking from your silence as you shook your head before speaking up. "Oh, n-no I'm fine, I-I mean as fine as can be" you stammered out, as if you'd forgotten how to speak during the brief time of your imprisonment seeing you were left to your limited thoughts.

In response to your words, Crystal nodded as she seemed awkward with conversation. "That's good, I mean that you're at least alright, not the whole being locked in a cell thing, that's actually pretty bad" she laughed awkwardly as the conversation really was not getting off to a great start. It was better than complete silence though so you tried to keep the conversation going.