Siblings At Odds

The tension in the air was palpable, a thickness in the atmosphere that was near suffocating as Black Bolt and Maximus stared at each other. For what he had done outside of the palace, stirring the worries of the people, the King had no choice but to call a trial on his kin and it hurt him to do so. But Maximus didn't appear hurt, his expression was of disdain as he called this whole thing ridiculous only to be told to remain silent by Gorgon as he emphasised the seriousness of Maximus' actions.

"You were calling on a coup, an act that can only be described as treason" the Royal Guard spoke firmly but Maximus just scoffed, retorting that he was merely warning the people of the dangers that Black Bolt himself ignored. "You were questioning the King's authority, attempting to discredit him to the people, inciting distrust in him" Karnak added but still Maximus showed no remorse, refusing the accept that what he did would be considered treason as he claimed his actions to be just.

"In fact, the reason treason is being committed by our dear King himself; siding with the human rather than his own people, refusing to see the danger the human poses even after all the time he has been here" Maximus' voice dipped to a malicious tone, glaring daggers at his brother as Gorgon advised him to pick his words more carefully with what he was accusing Black Bolt of. But, of course, the Minister of Defence ignored that warning, taking a step closer to where his brother was seated at the large, round table where the Inhuman Royal Family sits as they hold trial.

Staring up at his brother, Maximus had pure animosity in his eyes directed at his kin. "Look at you now, looking down at me for seeing the truth, for calling it out when you refuse to act, you don't even see how many question you, don't you, brother?" Maximus asked rhetorically, again ignoring the warning tone in which Gorgon spoke his name. Black Bolt kept a stoic expression, though his fists were clenched on his arm rests as he listened to his brother's words.

"Gorgon and Karnak do as you say of course, always so loyal, but Triton sees the truth as he witnessed the depravity of humans, your own wife took it upon herself to try and erase the problem from the beginning, only to be forced into silence because you don't want people to see your cowardice". His words were mixed with venom, like a snake hissing as Maximus was gritting his teeth as he got closer to the table. "And that must sting, to have the woman you love doubt you so, even now, isn't that right, Medusa?" He asked, turning to face the Queen herself as she avoided eye-contact whilst the others at the table turned to her.

Medusa's expression said it all, but Maximus seemed to derive a twisted pleasure from it. "Because you argue about it still, I hear you, brave enough to speak your mind that you doubt the human's intentions" he said, causing Crystal to speak up to ask her sister if she really still didn't trust you. Crystal herself wasn't sitting at the table, instead she was off to the side with you as you silently observed the trial.

To answer her sister, Medusa admitted she still doubted you, she still didn't know you after all but that was due to the rule you two avoid each other. "But what about Gorgon and Karnak? Even Black Bolt himself? They see that he is a good person!" Crystal started to raise her own voice, Medusa replying that she couldn't base her opinions on what others say. "Not even my husband" she spoke woefully, an apologetic expression on her face as she looked at Black Bolt who bowed his head.

"Not when it doesn't correlate to your own biases at least, you seem happy to let Maximus colour your opinions, you hypocrite!" Crystal shouted, making her sister wince as you caught her hand to pull her back. "Calm down, Crystal" you spoke in a hushed tone, only for Maximus to laugh at her. "I wondered when you would speak up, so eager to defend your little pet project" he taunted as Crystal clenched her fists as he then went to ask about Crystal's whereabouts during the incident outside.