A Safe Place

Of course, upon arrival at the Xavier Institute, the Mutants who were caught in the senseless attack were the main priority in getting them tended to and settled in. They were seen by Beast, each of them receiving a check over for any injuries with there being very little that needed treating. Thanks to the efforts of Crystal, the X-men, Spider-Man and, though to a lesser degree, you, everyone seemed safe and sound and now you were all just calming down with some warm drinks now the danger had passed.

Everyone was mingling, the new arrivals to the Institute receiving a warm welcome from those who already called the place home. Well, for the most part, Wolverine was his typical, unapproachable self but he still made them feel welcome in his own special way. As for you, you sat off to the side, looking around and feeling a little antsy considering so many people had gotten a clear look at you.

It was a situation that demanded action though, keeping your presence in the city a secret wasn't as important as the lives of innocent people. But with the danger passed, you did start to wonder if you had been seen. Would information about you being in the city get back to Attilan? If so, then there would likely be consequences. Though one danger had passed, you now let the possible fallout concern you, and it kept you from being as sociable as Crystal was.

In comparison to you, the Inhuman Princess was being less than inconspicuous, very much the opposite actually as she was freely interacting with some of the X-men. Off to the side, you saw Crystal talking with Rogue, Kitty Pryde and Jubilee, the four of them laughing together and it was a nice sight to see Crystal happy...but then you were still worried.

Getting lost in your thoughts again, you were snapped back to reality as someone had joined you on the sofa. You looked to your side to see Bobby Drake, better known as Iceman, as he waved his hand. "Yo, I'm Bobby, you one of the newbies?" He asked you, greeting you casually, but you shook your head, quietly answering that you weren't a Mutant. "I was just there" you told and he gave a small nod of realisation.

"Oh, So you were that one guy who tried to help move that fallen beam" he thought aloud and you nodded. "Gotta say, man, that was pretty cool of you to do" Bobby pointed a finger gun, a frosty vapour emitting from his fingertips and you couldn't help but smile at the pun before shaking your head. "Well, I couldn't just do nothing, lives were at risk, even if it meant I was seen" you muttered that last part but Bobby still heard you, tilting his head as he asked what you meant by that which made you jump.

You started stuttering a bit before clearing your throat and saying it was nothing, making Bobby tilt his head again before shrugging and looking over at Crystal. "So, who's she?" He then asked and you looked up before saying it was Crystal, saying that she's been a friend of yours for some time now as Bobby nodded. "Just a friend? Does that mean she's single?" He then asked and you jumped, stuttering again which made the most chilled member of the X-men laugh and lightly punch your arm as he said he was just messing with you.

"She is cute though" he added and you looked over to see Crystal was also a little flustered whilst the girls she was talking with were laughing, she looked over at you and waved with a small smile before looking past you and you turned to see what, or more who, she was looking at. The sounds of wheels on the wooden floor of the large mansion diverted attention to the owner of the home, the leader of the X-men - Professor Charles Xavier.

The powerful telepath came to a stop not too far from you and greeted everyone; "to all of you who are here due to the unfortunate event that happened tonight, I apologise for what you endured, and welcome you to my school, feel free to stay for as long as you wish" he spoke to the Mutants first before looking at you and Crystal as she broke away from the conversation with the girls to join you. Xavier gave another smile as he turned the conversation to you, greeting you and Crystal personally as he introduced himself.