Sneaking Out (Again)

It was a strange feeling; you didn't know where you were as you looked around the empty street, your vision was hazy or perhaps it was a fog hindering you as you took slow steps forward. The feeling was as if you knew the place where you were but at the same time you had no idea. It all felt weird, the fact you weren't in Attilan wasn't even crossing your mind as you continued walking, the buildings around you were all blacked out except for one which had its lights on.

Impulse drew you closer, footsteps echoing louder as you got closer with the fog getting thicker before suddenly you were assaulted with a bright light. You didn't scream, your voice just failed as you instead sat bolt upright with a gasp of breath. Ripped away from your dream, you found yourself back in your room in Attilan, you couldn't exactly ponder on it though as Crystal spoke.

"Hey, are you alright?" The Inhuman Princess asked and you looked to your side to see her poised as she jumped back, hand raised as if she was just about to wake you but you had alright bolted up. You took a moment to regain your composure, catching your breath as you stammered out Crystal's name before eventually answering that you were fine and saying it was just a dream. But then you asked about her being there, why was she in your room so late at night?

Your inquiry was brushed off by Crystal as she instead asked her own question again, this time it being about your dream. "What was it?" She asked as you blinked a few times to adjust to the darkness of your room before answering her, telling her what just happened and Crystal's expression lit up.

"You could be remembering something from before you arrived here!" Her voice was hushed before still she seemed excited, more than you and it was you with amnesia to the extent of not even knowing your own name. "It could have just been a dream though, I did get hit in the head earlier...yesterday? How late is it?" You asked as you looked at the time whilst Crystal remained on you maybe remembering something, saying that the bump on the head may have jostled something.

"Maybe we should get Gorgon to hit you again?" She suggested and you jumped, exclaiming (albeit still hushed considering the time) if she was out of her mind - Gorgon would probably enjoy hitting you again but he could end up killing you. As you said this, Crystal just laughed and said she was joking, getting Gorgon to hit you again would only be a last resort.

You blinked a few times at Crystal's "joke" before asking again why she was in your room and she smiled as she said her reasoning fit well with your dream. "Remember now you said earlier that you thought you saw something, maybe if we went back to the human world then you may be able to recall something, then with your dream..." you had to interrupt Crystal, telling her that you may have just imagined it all. You did get hit on the head, you were likely just concussed afterwards.

"But what if something was jostled? If we go back to that New York City, you may be able to remember something" she said as she stood up with a smile, holding her hand out for you to take as you remained where you were. You blinked a few times, looking at Crystal before at her hand and then back to her; "you just want to sneak out again, don't you?" You asked, a small smile turning on your lips as Crystal laughed.

"A little, but I seriously do believe we may be onto something with your memories, it's worth a shot, isn't it?" She asked and you slowly reached your hand into hers and she pulled you to your feet. "Sure, just let's not get caught, I don't want to remember what the inside of a cell feels like" you said and Crystal nodded before she whistled and Lockjaw appeared.

The large dog barked a greeting and Crystal patted him on the head before she held her hand out to you. You placed your hand in hers and Crystal gave a nod to Lockjaw, the Inhuman dog's antenna lighting up before a flash of light and you were suddenly hit with the noise of the nightlife of New York City. It felt different though, definitely in a different part of the city than last time but that did make sense as you weren't able to recall anything from the last area.