A Glimpse Of Something New

After your observation of Crystal's training with Gorgon, one would assume you would steer clear and leave them uninterrupted considering how dangerous it would be to just be in the general vicinity. At first that was your idea as training with super powers was even more dangerous than you had expected, you thought just staying to the side would keep you safe but that wasn't the case. Then again, you did rush into the main field of Crystal's training to "catch" her when she was knocked from the air by Gorgon.

Sure, it was impressive to watch just what Crystal was capable of, she really wasn't a typical Princess, but being a powerless human meant you'd be in more danger just by being around her when training. Gorgon had approached you afterwards and advised that you steer clear of observing Crystal's training if you wanted to avoid getting hurt, a suggestion you would have heeded but then Crystal was eager for you to see what she could really do.

"We were holding back, just wait until you see what I'm really capable of" she insisted before she dragged you along that second time, much to Gorgon's irritation as he still didn't trust you. But Crystal was able to convince her instructor to let you observe, and by convincing she really just insisted until Gorgon relented. As long as you stayed out of the way, you would be allowed to just watch - that remained the case for the few instances you observed over the week.

To be fair, your observation of Crystal's training did prove beneficial for another reason, it gave you the chance to remain on the down low after the two of you (plus Lockjaw for transport) snuck out to visit New York. As of yet, nobody else seemed any the wiser that you had broken one of the conditions for you not being locked up, there were of course the baseless assumptions of your true intentions from the usual individuals but nobody had anything concrete against you.

Speaking of concrete; you had to keep your head low as Gorgon was launching boulders at Crystal who was using her own earth-based powers to defend against them. Rubble was flinging everywhere and you hid away to the side to make sure that you weren't hit as Gorgon was even causing rocks to fall from the ceiling.

"Good, Crystal, Keep it up" the Inhuman Royal Guard gave praise, something which was rare but it was well earned as Crystal had been keeping up well. This earned a grin from the Inhuman Princess as she was given a moment to catch her breath before she replied; "well I can't look like a fool when I have an audience" she said as she looked your way whilst you raised your head from the huddle you were in. She smiled at you as you nervously waved but her expression fell when Gorgon told her to be more serious, that he needed to be the one she's impressed with her abilities and not validation from her "audience".

"R-right, Sorry, let's turn up the difficulty then shall we?" Crystal suggested but Gorgon only grunted, glancing your way before refusing. "Your audience being here is a liability, he needs to be out of the way if we are to train harder, his flimsy human body would surely crumble" he said but Crystal insisted that it would be fine. "Come on, Gorgon, I can't get better if you don't test me!" She argued but Gorgon only crossed his arms to show he was holding his ground on this stance.

You decided to speak up here, offering to get out of the way if you were holding crystal back and the two voiced opposing arguments. "You are" Gorgon huffed whereas Crystal insisted otherwise. "You aren't in the way, Gorgon just needs to see you can hold your own" she said with her eyes lighting up at the idea.

"That's it, you should fight Gorgon!" She clicked her fingers at her epiphany, your response not being so eager. "What?!" You exclaimed as you jumped to your feet. "Whoah, whoah, whoah - you want me to go up against him? He's gonna kill me!" You felt a cold sweat run down your back as you looked over at the brute of a man that was Gorgon, he was just standing there...menacingly. He kept a stern expression, arms still crossed as you quaked under the intimidating stare he sent your way.