Answers?

It was a strange feeling that had bubbled in your chest; a mixture of nervousness and excitement overwhelming you as you were staring down the street which you had seen during the dreams you had. There was a feeling of familiarity as well and it didn't just stem from your dreams, it truly felt like you knew this place but that only made it a little more nerve wracking as you stood there and stared down the street.

Crystal was by your side of course, she could see the expression on your face and so asked how you were feeling in this moment and you answered honestly. "I'm not too sure" you told her, relaying your feelings before adding that something just felt different this time around and Crystal slowly reached her hand into yours to give you a comforting squeeze and you looked up to see her usual smile. "I'm right here" she then told you, the heavy atmosphere did feel a little lighter at those words, and she added that you could call Lockjaw a time to head back.

"But let's not waste this opportunity" she told you and you nodded before looking forward again, looking down the street that was so familiar but which also filled you with a strange sense of dread. It was much more crowded than you remembered, though that was likely because this was reality and not a hazy dream, people walking about as you and Crystal started moving.

As you walked down the street together, Crystal remained close to your side and she was even holding your hand still as she gave you a supporting nod, almost guiding you as you made your way through the crowd. Then you were coming to the end of the street, to the building that was never blacked out in your dreams but this time it seemed empty. Whereas the other homes you had passed by had families in, the small house you and Crystal came to a halt in front of almost seemed abandoned - clearly nobody has been home for a while.

And yet, as you stood there, a sorrowful feeling started to fill your chest to the point that it actually hurt. You clutched a hand to your chest, looking around before forward again as you took an apprehensive step forward towards the door as the feeling of familiarity was there again. You raised your hand to the door, though not to knock as instead your hand found a key hidden out of sight and you held it in front of you before turning to Crystal as she had come closer.

"I don't know if I should unlock the door; I mean is this even my home? Am I just breaking into a random building?" You asked as you looked at the door. You found the key so easily, like muscle memory for if you couldn't find the main key, but that doesn't exactly mean this was your home as maybe you were just familiar with it. Uncertainty bubbled inside you as you hesitated before Crystal offered to open the door for you and she took the key before you could even answer, you actually fumbled over your words as she casually unlocked the door and pushed it open to be greeted by dust.

There was a lot of dust, further signs that nobody had been home for some time, and you both coughed whilst waving your hands to clear the way before looking inside to see the house was rather barren. Crystal took the first step to enter, taking your hand and pulling you with her as she caught you off guard, but you didn't say anything as you just remained silent. Looking around the house, there was very little there, just basic decorations and furniture to keep it from being completely empty.

There was no power either, though that was to be expected as nobody had been in this place for a while, it actually made you wonder just how long you had been in Attilan since your arrival. "I can barely remember" you thought to yourself as you and Crystal looked around before you looked at the floor at a pile of letters, most of them looking like junk mail as you picked them up to look at them before finding one with a name on the front.

"That is my name, at least I know the first one is" you said as you looked up at Crystal, handing her the unopened letter and she tried to sound positive by saying you may have at least learned your full name but something about it felt hollow. Most of the letters were junk mail, very few actually addressed with a name, like there was no real reason to contact anyone. That unsettling feeling returned as you held a hand to your chest, looking around to try and find some photos with there only being a few but they were covered in dust and you could hardly see what was depicted.