Chapter 1

It was another glorious day in the mushroom kingdom. The mushroom people and other creatures were already up opening shops and getting to work. The palace already buzzing with life as the servants and maids. Rush to get their duties started especially when the princesses and king would be coming.

Inside a room of red and gold decoration. Bed sheets of ruby colour with white pillows. A flute, violin and Kantele laying neatly on a table ready to be played. A washroom which of course had a tub, sink and toilet. A closet that had lovely yet beautiful dresses of red and pinkish red as well other outfits.

Sitting by her mirror where her makeup and other stuff were. Was Princess Rubina, she was quite the sight for sore eyes. She almost looks like her twin sister if not for the hair which was a beautiful ruby red. Almost shining in the morning sunlight. Her eyes were that of teal making them almost like crystal. She had already finished getting dressed but instead of her usual red dress like she always wears. She was actually in a pink dress that was similar to Peach. In her hand was a blond wig that looked like her sister's too. She was staring at her reflection rather unhappy.

You might ask why she would be so sad and dress up to almost look like Peach with what she had.

The blame is really on the late queen or the twins deceased mother. For you see, she didn't treat Rubina as kindly as Peach. That woman tried to find every small thing wrong with her and always compared her with Peach. She would say Peach had done this or that. Even said 'Rubina why can't you be perfect and elegant like you sister Peach?'

Jip...that kind of stuff would get anybody upset and sad. To hear it from the woman who birthed you actually.

Their father on the other hand adored and loved her unconditionally. She was his most precious ruby red gemstone. He would always encourage her in doing the things she loves to do. He would even take her to places and treat her well. He would sometimes fight or agrue with his wife about how badly he treated her. As it was not fair towards her that she treat Peach better

Peach loves her twin just as much, whenever she was finished with her lessons. Made sure their mother didn't know where she was going and play with Ruby who was happy that her twin loved her. Despite that they were a little different. They were close as sisters and tried to support each other. Sometimes they would sneak off to places just to have fun. Always made sure their mother never found out.

However as they got older and after their mother's passing. They became a little distant mostly with Peach being responsible for most of the kingdom. Peach became slightly protective of her mostly with Bowser who had kidnapped her on a number of occasions. So that closed bond was slightly strained between them.

Ruby sighed at the thought before she tied her hair in a low ponytail. Then place the wig on adjusting it so that it wouldn't fall off. Placing her crown on her head. She added a bit of her light red lipstick on and mascara. She placed the earrings on and gloves her shoes were already on. Looking at herself one last time in the mirror before she left her room.

Many servants know why she wears this outfit and wig. They truly felt sad for her but dare not spill the whole truth. She liked to keep it that way for now. She moved towards the dining room where she will eat. When she got there see saw that her father and sister weren't here.

"Excuse me servant?" She asked a servant that would pass her stopped, "Where is my father and sister?"

"They already left your majesty, something about in the village they need to take care of." He answered.

'Leaving me with throne duties...again.' She thought sadly.

"Thank you dear sir, you are dismissed." She told him which he bowed before he left.