Chapter 10

Back at Bowser's kingdom, Rubina was on the bed curled up, crying at the cruel fact that Bowser used his son to get her attention. She hated the fact that a weakness has been used against her. She knew as a princess of the mushroom kingdom, she had to remain strong and brave for her people. Not allowing anyone to see her weakness. Suddenly she sat up straight frowning. While wiping her tears away knowing that this was not helping to cry like this.

'What am I doing right now?' She thought as she looked towards the window.

'I shouldn't feel sorry for myself about what Bowser discovered. It's not going to help me. He's not going to bring me down.' She thought as she stood up and went to the window to watch the garden.

'I am Princess Rubina Cherry Toadstool, I am the ruby gem of the mushroom kingdom and second princess. I know what happened was a small mistake but that shall not let me down. This is nothing compared to how my life in the kingdom was. I must remain strong for my people, my family and Colidora! I shall get through this till rescue comes.'

She thought before crossing her arms and looking slightly down.

'Although I need to be careful what Bowser might plan next. I still need to keep my guard up.'

With that settled she knows she had to be even more careful. She also wasn't sure if she would move around freely. Knowing a villain who has a beautiful prisoner, a princess of unknown origin. She will wait for action. Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard the door open making her turn and who would she have guessed to have entered smiling at her.

"Good morning Miss Ruby!" The red hair koopaling said happily.

"Morning Junior." She said gently to him hoping he wouldn't notice the sadness.

"I brought breakfast!" Junior told her as he pushed a cart which had two covers on top. As he moved it towards the bed.

"You know you don't have to bring food to me all the time? You have your servants or guards to do that right?" She questioned him as she moved over to the bed.

Junior stopped it as he climbed on the bed. Sitting on it as he turned to her.

"I know but...since you showed care and talked to me like you don't hate me....I feel like I can really be around you and tell you how I feel." Junior honestly told her.

Despite what Junior had caused and what he had asked of his father, she could never be angry or hate him. He was a child who needed to learn, despite his father being an evil villain. She sighed at this with a soft sigh moving over to sit next to him. She really had a soft spot for children, good or bad. She will always help them when they need her guidance.

"So, what does the prince of the koopa kingdom have for breakfast today?" She asked still smiling as she was now seated next to him.

"Well I asked the chef if he could make us some pancakes. I wanted to make you tea but I don't know what tea you drank." Junior told her before he removed the covers.

Rubina was taken by surprise at how the breakfast looked. Three stacked pancakes were in one plate and six were in the other. There were slices of apples and strawberries in a bowl. There were two glasses of orange juice. The ruby princess was really surprised but then she thought about the situation where she is in. Which brought her sadness as she thought about home and her dear family. Especially when Bowser discovered a part of her which he used against her. She turned to the young koopaling who was waiting for her to eat.

"Junior." Ruby gained his attention, "Why did you ask your father to give me a room like this, I'm...not that special. I am merely a prisoner in your father's eyes. I don't deserve treatment like this." She spoke sadly to him.