Chapter 9

Rubina was still asleep, dreaming of home and her family. Sad that she had to sleep alone away from her kingdom and family. In a kingdom that was not her own but that of an enemy who seeks power. She snuggled more into the pillow her head was on. Trying to fall asleep more. Wait, pillow?!

That got Ruby to awaken fast, opening her eyes and sat up. To her shock she was inside a room. But from what she could tell this room was quite pretty mostly when the light came in behind the curtains. She could tell she was still in Bowser's kingdom. Which doesn't surprise her but the room she was in was very well decorated. The smell was different then the tower she had been in. She removed the blanket she had over her and let her legs hang. As she observed her surroundings even the very bed she was sitting on. 

The bed was queen size with royal red beddings and ruby red pillows with four pillars and roof over the bed self. The walls by surprise were a pinkish red colour which she knows was her favourite colour. Curtains were black with golden decorated roses which shined in the light. A royal blue chair was at a small coffee table a little away from the cozy fireplace and two bookshelves on either side of it. Many books filled till the very top of it but Ruby would be able to reach it if she choice to read. The carpet was a soft cherry red colour. A large wardrobe soft white with ruby red decorations on, a dressing table with a oval shape mirror, a few essentials and her bag was on it along with her crown. Her staff was leaning against the dresser as well. Then lastly she had her own personal washroom where she was sure was a bath or shower and the other necessary stuff she needed to survive.

This room was fit for an important guest that she knew since she had seen many times when someone important would come visit the kingdom. They would give them the best as royalty would give. 

However this very thought made her frown in anger and confusion. Why would Bowser all of a sudden give her a room when she is supposed to be a prisoner? 

Remembering Kali's words and how she had to be careful herself when in the hands of a enemy. Well considering her rank as a princess and knowing what Bowser would likely do in order to gain her affection including trust. Sometimes she hates it when she is a princess. 

The noise of a turning knob caught her attention making her turn her head and as expected the koopa king himself made his presence and he had a grin on his face which she did not like less love.

"Good morning to you princess Rubina. I take it you slept well?" Bowser greeted before he entered and moved over to the ruby hair princess. Who stood up with a serious expression on her elegant face.

"If it was back in my kingdom I would have said it was. But while in your grasp I am merely a prisoner in your eyes. So I won't admit it to you." Rubina said quite bitterly with a light frown.

Bowser merely chuckled at the ruby gem's stubborn will just like Peach and can understand why they were so much alike yet different, "Hmm so it seems, but a beauty such as yourself deserves better. This room is actually very much suited for you then my old dust tower."

"Hmph! If you think by giving me a guest room would change my perspective of you. Especially what you have done so many times to my kingdom and family!? It will not work in your favour! I am not a spoiled bratty princess who can be charmed with mere gifts! You can dream on." Rubina spat at him in anger as she turned away from him. Angry that he would think she would simply be grateful yet thankful for this. That was a joke beyond where she stood now

Bowser starred knowing very well that this princess would have objected to the giving of a bedroom. However knowing it was not HIM who had thought of the suggestion and knew that once he would actually say WHO had given the idea would change her mind and heart a bit. He waved his fat claw finger while making a few tsk sounds.