Chapter 7

Rubina sat in silence in her cell which was something she always did. However being in the hands of an enemy made her even more silence then usual. Sad really but it couldn't be helped since most of the time she was alone. A song came to her mind and she started to hum it silently to herself. It was something she rarely does but she feels like it's the perfect moment since she was alone or so she thought.

"You have a pretty voice Ruby."

This startled the red hair princess and blushed she looked at the window to see Kali sitting on the window sill smiling at her with hooded red eyes. When she saw who it way she relax but glared at her.

"Must you do that? It's bad enough I'm in the hands of the koopa king. I don't need you to scare me like that." She told her still glaring

Kali giggled as she got off the window sill before looking around with a pout, "You sure got yourself in quite the pickle? Aren't you afraid what they might do to you while your here?" 

She understood but the second question got her frowning and cross her arms, "Why should I show any reaction or emotion? They haven't done anything to me yet. Besides even if they do torture me I'm not going to say anything. I've told this to Bowser and I'm not planning to break anytime soon."

"Confidence? I like it. However and you know this as well. You'll be here for quite sometimes. You better hope that you'll get help or you're going to have to bust out of here yourself." Kali said as she wiped a bit of dust off the cell door.

"I know my family mostly Peach. They will send Mario and Luigi to aid me in getting me out of this place. I know I will not stay here long." She told her leaning back.

"Ah the common damsel in distress! That's a little weak in my book, dear Rubina." Kali said a little smug.

Rubina didn't like that and got up, "I'm not weak! This is a situation that I can't control. Even if I do try my escape it would be foolish I can easily get hurt or worse. I'm not stupid of thinking a suicide mission like that." 

"But still you have your fan and staff, right? You could have used them to fight your way out. But I guess you are right. I wouldn't forgive myself if the precious ruby gem got hurt. Sorry for being so thoughtless." Kali said as she moved to the window.

Rubina sighed at this not liking the fact that Kali called her weak but she was right she could have used her fan or staff but being in the enemy kingdom. Would have made it pointless as there is a higher chance of being injured or worse. So she better play it safe then to be reckless. Just then they heard someone coming.

"Well that's my que to take leave! I'll see you around Cherry. Try not to get seduce by Bowser alright." Kali said with a giggle before she disappeared through the window.

'Ugh like that's going to happen!' Rubina thought with a shudder. Not liking that he would try and marry her off when he had threaten her kingdom. So not happening! It was kind of gross that Kali would even said it. She wouldn't even consider going for Bowser. He was too selfish and childish in her case. She didn't think he would be responsible in taking her seriously.

She looked up when the cell door opened and she soften when she saw that it was Junior who brought her meal again. She decided to tease him a bit as she grin at him.

"Well well if it isn't the young prince koopa who grace me with his presence. I'm honoured really." She said playfully.

"Hey! I'm only given the job in bringing your meals. Nothing more, nothing less!" He said with a pout which almost made Ruby giggle. She was a sucker for kids if she got a glance of them. She couldn't bring herself to dislike kids unless they didn't deserve her love and kindness.