Chapter 6

It has been a few hours since they locked her up in the tower. She has done nothing but stare out the window thinking about her family and the kingdom. Wondering what they were doing. She knows that Peach would be angry and upset about her capture especially the choice she made. Their father would be upset, worried and scared for her. But knows she did the right thing. Colidora she knows would be truly scared for her as well upset that she had let this happen. But again she had done it to protect her family, people and the kingdom.

A sudden jingle and clicking brought her out of her thoughts and let her know that someone had brought her meal. As it was now dinner time. Looking up from the door she saw that Junior had brought her a tray that had her meal on.

"Hello princess Rubella." He greeted her kindly which wasn't something he normally do.

"Rubina actually, young one." She corrected him gently as she turned to him placing her hands in her lap.

"Oh yeah sorry. I brought your dinner. I asked them to make you a hot meal. I hope you like it." He told her as he brought the tray carefully towards her.

Which the red hair princess stared and hoped he wouldn't fall. Even though she heard stories about these creatures being heartless and evil. But this was a mere child, why should she be so cruel to him. He had much to learn.

Once he stood in front of her she took the tray from him and saw that it was soup. She looked carefully and immediately recognised it.

"Tomato soup?" She asked curiously.

Junior frowned at her when she asked, "Yeah it is, if you don't like it then don't expect me to make you something else to eat."

Ruby hid her giggle from him with a smile.

"I didn't say I didn't like it. It's actually my second favourite meal that I like to eat when it's winter time. Mostly with rye bread and soft butter, the tastiest thing I could think of." She told him thinking it would be a good start with the youngling. Knowing he needed a warm and kind person in his life.

Junior stared for a moment before he frowned angrily at her. Not understanding her of why she was so nice to him.

"Alright what's your big deal!? Why are you being kind to me, princess?" He asked suspiciously as he did not like this at all. Considering she was Peach's twin.

Rubina arched her brow at that question and how quickly he got annoyed at her kindness. But decided to find out while she was here. Placing the tray next to her before giving her attention to him.

"Why do you ask? Is it the wrong thing for me to do just now?" She asked carefully.

"Of course! You're Peach's sister! So you have to hate us for being koopa!" He yelled at her frowning.

This shocked Ruby to her core to hear such a thing. Does Peach really dislike them that much? She frowned at this knowledge and stared seriously at him. Mostly when he said she should hate them.

"I may be Peach's twin sister but we are very much different. Also I don't have a reason to hate you, koopaling. Unless you want me to hate you. Which I know you don't want me to." She explained to him. He did not know her properly so he would turn to thinking she was like Peach and she didn't like that.

Junior stared but he wasn't convinced that she didn't hate their kind mostly his dad. he crosses his arms and looked away from her. Cherry saw this and sighed lightly.

"Junior, I am really not like my sister. If I had known what you lot are capable of and have probably done. Then maybe I would have. But truth be told the knowledge has actually been hidden from me. I didn't know your father till I asked my best friend about him." She explained again but much more gently.