Chapter 2

Inside space mostly at the comet observatory. Rosalina was reading a book while the lumas flew around some were even reading with her. She smiled up at her 'children' that they were interested in what she was reading. A red one came flying in which brought her attention.

"Mama! Princess Ruby is arriving!" He told her excitedly.

This got Rosalina smiling when she heard her best friend was arriving as she hasn't seen her in quite awhile. Luckily Colidora the royal mage of the mushroom kingdom notify her about Rubina's arrival.

"Thank you, I'll be there soon." She told him as she closed her book and got up.

The rest of the lumas got excited as well and giggled with glee. Just like Rosalina they loved the red hair princess very much and saw her as their aunt among them. She had helped a few of them when they were in trouble. Making them yummy snacks, playing them some music and of course playing with them. She was almost part of the family the way they saw it.

Rosalina floated till she came to the balcony of her observatory walking a bit then stopped. She waited while the rest of the lumas flew around excitedly. Smiling at the excitement of them waiting to see Rubina. Just then her airship came which made her smile widen a bit. Some of the lumas got next to her and glittered like the stars they were. The airship came to the balcony where they were waiting. A bridge came from the ship before the door opened and there stood the red hair princess. Smiling brightly when she saw her best friend.

"Hello Rubina." Rosalina greeted politely.

"Hello Rosalina." Ruby greeted back with the same politeness.

She walked on the bridge over to her and just as she reached the balcony. The lumas immediately started to dance and twirl around her. Causing the red head to giggle as she places the basket down. Which made a few sit on her shoulders, one on her head or be in her arms as she hugged them.

"Alright everyone calm yourselves. Give aunt Rubina space so she could greet me as well." She told them.

They did just that as Ruby released some that she hugged and they flew off to be at some place else. At that moment they were alone staring at each other. Ruby smiles brightly again before she hugged Rosalina who returned it smiling in care.

"I missed you Rosa." She whispered.

"I missed you too Ruby." Rosalina whispered back.

They hugged for a moment before pulling back. They hadn't seen each other in weeks. Well knowing she had been gone much longer but after Mario helped with the comet observatory. Including bringing her home closer to earth. The red head couldn't have been happier to have her best friend back.

"Knowing why you have decided to visit me. I believe you needed some time away from the kingdom." Rosalina told her.

"You know me. I was on throne duty this morning." Ruby told her as she picked up the basket.

"I can see. Peach and the king have been out again?" Rosalina said before asking.

Rubina said nothing as she moved the basket to both hands. Which confirmed her suspicion.

"Well let us head to the library then for some lunch. Have you eaten yet?"

"Only some of Colidora's red velvet cookies so far but other than that not much." She told her as they moved inside.

Once they reached there the table was already covered with plates of sandwiches, small pancakes, cut up fruits and a tea pot with a china cup that had sugar in. Ruby giggled while Rosa smiled in amusement. They moved over to the table and each took a seat where two lumas each carried a plate placed in front of each princess. Another two brought tea cups for them placing them next to the plates.