001

Rule no. 1
Don't make a promise that you know your gonna break.

 1Don't make a promise that you know your gonna break

3rd person!

"Alex what are you doing?" Rose rolls her eyes as she leans on her window sill, Alex stood in the grass at the side of her father's house, a guitar in one hand and a rock in the other.

"I said I was planning something" He smiles and drops the rock so he could hold the guitar correctly, he strums it once and looks up at her.

"Alex, my dad is gonna catch you again" she crosses her arms.

"Then come with me Rosie, I'll play for you out here" he extends his arm into the air, a winsome smile playing on his lips.

Rose sighs and shakes her head but can't hold back her smile. "Just in the backyard" she slides out of the window and crawls down the trellis, tapping the ground with her foot before dropping down.

"Okay! Okay follow me!" Alex begins to walk to her backyard as Rose shushes him.

"My father is watching his show right now. He'll kill me if he catches me with you again"

Rose's father didn't approve of the friendship she had with Alex, the way he acted to the way he dressed, her father thought he was a bad influence.

Alex giggles. "Come on, I'll beat him up if he hurts you again" Alex sets the guitar on the side of the house before balling his hands up into fists and throwing punches in the air.

Rose giggles and shakes her head. "Okay, what did you want to show me?"

Alex grabs the guitar again and begins to walk back to the backyard. "So, my mom bought me this guitar...and I've kinda been practicing all month- I-I want you-! I-I want y-you to tell me how it sounds!" He smiles, glad he caught his mistake. He sits down in the grass, Rose sits down next to him.

"Okay" She places her hands in her lap, watching as Alex tries to hold the guitar correctly.

"Okay" Alex takes a deep breath, he strums the strings gently, wincing when he hits the wrong note a few times. "-fuck-!" He let's go of the guitar to hold his finger, he had cut himself on a string.

"Are you okay?" Rose places her hands under his, she could see from the back porch light that he had a bunch of callouses and cuts on his hands.

"Uhm-" Alex looks down at her, she looks up at him. They both quickly look away from each other, Alex scooting away a bit. "I-I'm fine..." He sticks the tip of finger in his mouth and they both turn back to each other.

"W-Well...it sounded good before you hurt yourself" Rose giggles, Alex smiles.

"Yeah" He wipes his finger off on his hoodie and giggles. "I-I can um...teach you maybe...I don't know..." Alex mumbles, he shrugs and looks down at the guitar in his lap.

"That'd be cool! I mean, I don't think I could ever play as well as you just did but..." as she rambled Alex just smiled at her, counting the amount of freckles he could see on her face, he loved her freckles. "Alex?"

"Oh- uh, heh, yeah?" He sits up straight, nodding his head.

"I think you just zoned out- all I was saying was I would love to learn" she smiles at him, he smiles and looks down at his lap as he passes her the guitar. "How'd you hold it? L-Like this?"

"Yeah" Alex nods. "And-And you gotta place your fingers up here" he scoots in front of her, taking her hand and placing it on the neck of the guitar. "Then try and strum it once"

"But, y-your still holding my hand" Rose looks at their hands before looking back at Alex, he quickly pulls his hand back and places it on the back of his neck.

"S-Sorry..." He whispers. "Now try and strum it" He tells her. She strums it once and smiles. "See? It's so cool! I-I mean I can already play piano but the guitar is really cool too...and your really cool- I-I mean-!" He frantically tries to fix his mistake.

"Alex..." Rose whispers, letting out a small giggle. "I think your really cool too"

He smiles back, he quietly laughs. "Rosie-"

"What the fuck are you doing out here-" it was Rose's father. "Why are you here?!" He shouts at Alex.

"I-I uh-" Alex looks at the man, terrified. Then he remembers what he said to Rose before, he clenches his hands into fists.

"Alex take this and go" Rose shoves the guitar into his lap.

"But-"

"Just go Alex" she stands up and turns to her father, he grabs her wrist tightly.

"I-" Alex purses his lips, thinking about hitting her father over the head with his guitar but he decides against it. "Okay" He turns around and runs to the fence. "But Rosie!"

She turns back to him. "What?" She shouts back, her father grunts and tugs her towards the back door.

"Promise me we'll always be there for each other!"

She smiles. "I promise!"

He smiles back. "I promise too!" He then turns around and gently tosses his guitar over the fence before struggling to climb over himself, Rose laughs as he finally makes it over and falls onto the ground. "That hurt-! Shit!"

"I hate that boy" Her father shoves her inside, locking the back door and slapping a hand across her face.

As much as her father hurt her she kept smiling, because Alex would always be there.

He promised.

Froggie speaks!This chapter takes place when their both teenagers and live in Mexico, I don't speak fluent Spanish so let's just imagine this is all Spanish

Froggie speaks!
This chapter takes place when their both teenagers and live in Mexico, I don't speak fluent Spanish so let's just imagine this is all Spanish.