023

Rule No. 23
Parents can't control your love for another.

 23Parents can't control your love for another

Quackity!

I knock on the front door of Rosie's childhood home, my hand on my lips as I waited. I regret kissing her, what if she didn't want me too? Though I'm so glad she was my first kiss.

The door opens and I quickly bring my hands to my sides, I knew it was her father because of that familiar glare he always gave me.

"What do you want?" He gruffs.

"Uh-" I clear my throat. "Do you know who I-" her father cuts me off.

"Yeah your Alexis, I remember you, you look different. What do you want?" I was surprised I've gotten this far.

"I-I um- hello sir, I wanted to talk to you about your daughter" I hold my hand behind my back.

"Why?" He looks down at me with a disgusted look, I think that was just his normal face.

"Could we...go inside?" I look around, scared someone would notice me. "I'd like to discuss it in private"

He rolls his eyes and let's me in, I step inside to see nothing has changed. He closes the door behind us. "Sit on the couch and tell me what you want"

I nod and sit down on the broken couch. I sigh and watch as he sits down next to me. "So uh...I'd like to date your daughter" I lift my head and stare at her father.

"Ah, you're asking for my blessing? Why would I say yes, you were nothing but trouble for my daughter when you two were younger" he places his hands on his knees.

"Well..." I shrug. "Because I love her, I know I'll treat her right"

"If your still the same as you were when you were younger the answer is no" He shakes his head. "You don't have money, you don't have good clothes, you don't look like a good man" he insults me.

"Sir, all these insults are just uncalled for alright?" I dryly chuckle.

He looks down at the necklace with the cross on my neck. "The only thing I approve of" He points at the cross.

"Look, sir, I have money, I love the clothes I wear, and I can promise you I'm a good man." I place a hand on my chest.

"Yeah? What's your job? How are you making this money? Selling drugs?" He leans back.

"No!" I laugh, I had tried my best to contain my "childish behavior" but it was hard. "I'm in college, studying for law-" he cuts me off.