013

Rule No. 13
Always accept a compliment.

 13Always accept a compliment

Rose!

"Rose, we have to leave in eight hours, where are you going?" Karl stops me before I walk out the door.

I close my eyes and press my forehead against the door, letting out a loud sigh before turning around to look Karl in the face.

"Okay, let's say there's this girl- let's call her woman, and woman had a bad childhood that led to woman hurting herself, then her best friend- man, who left her a few years back, saw her past scars. Then man blamed himself, they both had a talk and yelled at eachother and left it at that. So woman went back to her hotel and slept for hours, but then man texts her and tells her to come to his house to talk so she  does." I avoid Karl's eyes the whole time.

"So your going to Alex's house?" Karl giggles.

"Yeah..." I mumble, nodding.

"Okay go, I'm not stopping you. But please come back here two hours before our flight, I don't want to leave you behind" He waves his hand at me.

"Thanks Karl, I don't know when I'll be back but I'll make sure to get back here on time" I smile and grab the door handle, leaving the room and closing the door behind me.

I knock on the door in front of me, Alex opens it almost immediately. "...come in" He steps out of the way, I walk inside and he closes the door behind me. We both sit on the couch in silence.

I lift my head and look at him, he looks back at me. "I'm sorry-" he cuts me off.

"No I'm sorry!" He pulls me into a hug, resting the side of his face on my chest. "I yelled out you, I was angry at myself..."

"For what?" I hug him back, my arms over his shoulders.

"You hurt yourself because I left you and I thought you did it because I broke that promise and you were sad..." He mumbles.

"Well...I was sad because of that but I'm fine now Alex, it's us again. You know, what did we call ourselves?" I try to remember the duo name we called ourselves.

"The Toons!" He laughs, lifting his head from my chest. Which I was kinda thankful for, I was in his hoodie he gave me and him hugging me was making me really warm. "Oh my god, I missed that fucking name" He smiles.

"Yeah! The Toon Duo" I giggle.

"Hey...when do you go back to North Carolina?" He asks softly.

"In about seven and a half hours" I reply.

I see his smile dissappear. "So are you gonna go back to your hotel now..?" He locks eyes with me, I swear he was giving me puppy eyes.

"Well, Karl said I had to be back two hours before the flight, we can still hang out for five hours" I smile, his smile returns.