015

Rule No. 15
Never regret something that made you smile.

Rose!

Rose!

"Rose, I gotta tell you something..." Sabrina sighs, I turn my head to her. We've been fighting a lot recently, maybe she's here to apologize...or break up?

"Is something wrong?"

"I feel like I need to come clean to something" she avoids my eyes.

"Come on Rina, tell me" I place a hand on her cheek.

"Rose I have a kid" she shuts her eyes, I look at her shocked. "He's six"

"Six?! Sabrina is this why you've been so distant lately? You're twenty three, when-"

"He's adopted, I found him on the street. I've had him since he was three..." she explains before I can ask.

"Sabrina...why have you been hiding this from me? We've been dating for six months!" I place a hand on my chest. "I...I'm not mad but I don't think I can take care of a kid" I look at her sadly.

"I know, I would just bring him to a shelter but he has adhd and I felt like no one but me would understand him..." a tear slips from her eye. "And with all our fighting I don't think we can be together anymore" she stares into my eyes.

"You know..." I take a deep breath and nod. "I think that's what's best, do you think- I don't know, I could babysit him sometimes? Like when you have to go to work...or something" I shrug.

She smiles softly at me and nods. "Yeah"

"Thank you so much! Oh my god thank you" Sabrina continues to thank me after I agreed to babysit Asher next month. "I'm gonna go to New York next month, I'll be gone for a week so he'll be with you then- thank you so much Rose" she sighs, I bring the phone closer to my ear.