B-rank Yuma

'So, Tachikawa,' Jin began, 'is Yuma officially in your team yet?'

'Uhh, no. But I was thinking about telling the Borders tomorrow,' Tachikawa answered. Slightly confused at the random question.

'Tachikawa, I'm still a C-rank agent, am I able to join a squad?' Yuma questioned.

'Right, I forgot about that,' laughed Tachikawa, 'how about after completing your training, you go fight some solo rank wars? That'll probably get you to B-rank if you fight and win them of course.'

'Tachikawa, are you sure? Is he capable of using Border's triggers?' Jin Asked, as he took another rice cracker out of the pack and biting it, making a crunching sound in the process.

'I'm sure he'll do fine,' Tachikawa assured, hand flicking up and down continuously. Tachikawa stretches out his arm, reaching over to Jin's rice crackers. Jin noticed and offered Tachikawa his pack of fried rice. 'How about we go for some training right now?'

'Tachikawa, it's literally midnight, if I'm correct, no sane person would be at the HQ right now,' Yuma stated. He looked at Tachikawa who gave a small, idiotic, grin.

'Yea Tachikawa-san, it's like 00:00, no one's at the HQ right now,' Jin backed up.

Tachikawa looked at both of them, they were definitely ganging up on him! Not fair. Tachikawa wasn't  good at reasoning, he sucked at arguments and verbal fights. That's why he hated when he has to argue with people. He enjoys watching others argue, but hate it when he's the one arguing.

'Don't you have a training room in Tamakoma or something?' Tachikawa Asked, 'can't we go there?'

'Hm, your right. We could go there.'

'Alright! Let's go!'

-At Tamakoma with Tachikawa, Jin and Yuma-

'Okay, so Yuma here still had a trainee trigger, you wouldn't want to go full out on him,' Jin reminded. He had experience with the training control. Jin learned how to operate it solely because Usami insisted on practicing her teaching skills on Jin. And she taught Jin how the control worked, guess it was helpful after all.

'Fine, I won't,' sighed Tachikawa as he turned on his tigger. He stepped inside the training room with Yuma following behind.

'Everything's set up!' Jin Shouted though the control room, giving them a thumbs up at the same time. Yuma turned on his trigger, and the battle began.

-time skip- (one day I'll get myself to write a fight scene)

The final score was out, Tachikawa and Yuma and a total of 100 rounds. It left Tachikawa breathless, but Yuma on the other hand, could go for another 100 rounds. 'Kid, you're good,' Tachikawa praised, giving him a smile with a thumbs up. Yuma gave a menacing face in response.

The score was 71-29, with Tachikawa winning by a landslide. Yuma only started winning more after the 50 round mark because Tachikawa got tired, but Yuma insisted on continuing. So as a good mentor would do, they continued.

'Good job, Yuma,' Said Jin as he gave Tachikawa a wide grin. Tachikawa's eyebrows flinched. 'It's time to sleep, 3 am right now.'

'I don't need to sleep,' Yuma stated before exiting the training area. Tachikawa waved goodbye to Jin as he followed the albino. Jin smiled and laid back on the chair, he sighed and slowly closed his eyes. A small rest won't hurt, right? Of course it would, who was he kidding? Seeing his dead parent's face in his dreams again, that'd make him go berserk.

•••••••••

Next day, Tachikawa brought Yuma to the HQ to fight solo rank wars. Yuma, at first, was quite reluctant. He didn't like the idea of fighting weaklings, it would ruin his image for himself. Not like he had a good reputation for the public. But Tachikawa insisted on getting to B-tank, saying that it'd be very beneficial for him to join the no.1 squad in the entire Border. Hence here he was, sitting on his chair in front of a screen with tons of 3-digit numbers displayed. He had no idea what to do. Tachikawa did not elaborate.

'Numbers, screen.. goddamnit this Tachikawa, why can't he tell me what to do before sending me here?' Yuma complained to himself. 'Maybe I'll experiment a little, shouldn't hurt."

He pressed a number, and waited to see what will happen next. To his amusement, he got teleported to an arena with 3 people. Yuma didn't bother inspecting them, he just wants to get his job done.

'I wonder how many points will those 3 give me," he murmured to himself. Guess he has to find out. He sprinted towards them and in a blink of an eye, and eliminated all of them.

It gave him a good amount of points. He was closer to B-rank.

After a couple of matches, he reached the required amount of points and got promoted. 'Finally,' he thought, it was genuinely boring fighting people who doesn't even know how to fight (properly). All they did was act cool and pretend. They probably took the phrase 'fake it till you make it' seriously. Yuma couldn't stand that.

He went back to Tachikawa's apartment.

•••••••••

Tachikawa sat in his home, watching the news. He was waiting for Yuma, but got bored. The news was reporting the second invasion, and how much property damage it has caused. They said things like, 'SECOND-INVASION HAS DONE IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE, WHAT WILL THE BORDERS DO?' It's things like this make Tachikawa laugh, what can the Borders do anyway? Rebuilt the city? Preposterous. The Borders can only fight, not reverse damage. That is left to the citizens, but they just can't get the point.

The doorbell rang, it was definitely Yuma! Tachikawa quickly stood up and opened the door, it was Yuma indeed.

'How did things go? You got to B-rank?' He asked.

'It be nice if you'd tell me the basics on how to fight solo-rank wars,' Yuma commented as he took his shoes off and placed them on the shelf.

'Right,' Tachikawa said, dragging the 't'.

'To answer your question, yes I did get to B-rank.'

'Awesome, now let's get you enrolled into my team, even if you could've joined while still being C-rank.'

'I could?'

'Absolutely! I just thought that maybe getting you B-rank first would be better.' Tachikawa explained.

Yuma said nothing, though he nodded once as a gesture of understanding.