.3.

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Three pairs of eyes studied their new living situation. Anya looked around, excited, and dashed for the television. Snooze gazed about with interest as he searched for a place to call his spot.

Olivia immediately laid down on the couch for a nap. 'Being me is exhausting. Damn.' When turning on the television, a spy show comes on. Anya's eyes twinkled as she watched the cartoon. She smiles at her papa while pointing to the television. "I like this show."

Loid looked...unimpressed. 'Of all things'. Loid looks at his 'family.' Anya was transfixed to the television, Olivia was passed out on the couch, and Snooze was sleeping on her. 'First and foremost, I'll need to gather everything we'll need.'

He paused to reflect. 'And I'll have to forge them an ID.' He walks to retrieve his hat, nodding to himself. "I'm going out for a short while. Just sit and enjoy your show." Anya goes over to him and clutches onto his legs, not wanting to be left bored at home.

"An adventure!" Loid jerks his leg fiercely in an attempt to force her off. "I'm not going on an adventure. I'm just going shopping." Alas. In the end, he decided to bring Anya with him. 

'I was mistaken. Anya is going to be the issue isn't she.'

────┈┈┈┄┄╌╌╌╌┄┄┈┈┈────

Olivia's eyelids gently opened as soon as their footsteps became inaudible. Even though she was faking it, she really was exhausted. Sitting up quickly, she accidently shoved Snooze off her and onto the floor. 

"Oh, crap. Snooze, you okay!?" The cat remained in the same position as he boredly glanced up at her. 'Bit*h, do I look okay!?' She lifted him up and laid him on the couch, she pouted at the cat as if she understood him. 

"It was an accident, I swear. There's no need to be so grumpy." Snooze ignored her and slept off. She stood up and wore a serious face. "Now. Who exactly are you? Loid Forger."

She examined every room she passed as she made her way through the home. Looking for anything that might endanger Anya and Snooze. "Okay, our bedrooms clear out. Also the bathroom. I'm not sure why I went there, but you never know."

She stood face-to-face with her last opponent after her 'moment.'

Loid's room. 

"Kay, into the unknown~" She entered his room by slowly pulling the door open. It was... dull. "Mans has no taste. Disappointment." She avoided looking through his drawers because she didn't want to be scarred by what he wore underneath his clothing.

"Oya?" In the room, there was a closet. Not the least bit suspicious. But then why, did it have so many locks? "That's suspicious. That's weird. Tsk tsk tsk. Loidy Loidy Loid-man."

It didn't take long for her to crack the code; with her intelligence, it was child's play. "Oh?" There were several extremely fascinating pieces of equipment in the closet. To be more specific. It was- "Spy gadgets? So he's a spy? That's really cool." 

As she rummaged through his belongings and examined them, she had a million questions running through her head. 'Why would a spy adopt children?'

'Are we only here for a mission?' 

'Does he need children for something?'

Anya appeared to be quite thrilled to follow him. Maybe she read his mind and realised he was a spy. "Staying with a spy has its advantages. If we are needed for one of his missions, I don't think he will let anything bad happen to us."

"It's also entertaining for me." Olivia swiftly returned everything to its original location, satisfied with her discoveries. She sighed and returned to the couch, closing the door behind her. "Let's take a proper nap."

She picked up the sleeping Snooze, much to his chagrin, and spooned him on the couch. "Adoption by Loid won't be so horrible after all. At the very least, we'll be safe here." She buried her face farther into Snooze's fur. "But if he turns out to be bad news, I'd risk my life to ensure that you and Anya are safe, so you can rest easy. Night, zzz." And then she was out like a light, snuggling with her beloved cat.

────┈┈┈┄┄╌╌╌╌┄┄┈┈┈────

Loid arrived home, his eyes dead weary and his face irritated. He didn't know how he opened the door with Anya, books and groceries in his hands, but he didn't care. He almost sprang back in shock when he saw Olivia on the floor, as if dead, staring at him.

"Olivia?" 

His new daughter arose from the floor and took Anya from his embrace. "Welcome back. I'll put Anya to bed, I'm sure she was a pain in the ass."  Loid's expression was a mix of gratitude and bewilderment. He was certain she'd be the one with whom he'd have issues. But he's pleased he was mistaken . Olivia yawned as she adjusted Anya in her arms. "I was dying of hunger, your fridge is sad."

After putting the groceries in the kitchen, Loid placed his parenting books from the library in the living room. "Should I cook you something?" Olivia exited Anya's room and went directly to the kitchen. "No, I can do it on my own. 'Sides, you seem to have a lot to read, so I'll leave you to it."

Loid exhaled quietly in relief. He genuinely didn't want to cook. He was drained after a day with Anya and questioned how Olivia had coped with her for so long.

He sat on the couch next to Snooze, who was still sleeping, and began reading the first of many books.

________

[EDITED]