.30.

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

"Hey, don't you think the husband across the hall must be in trouble?" Loid perked up at the slightly unfamiliar voice, choosing to quickly hide behind the wall, listening in to their conversation.

"It's supposed to be a day off, but he's working late into the night again." The lady continued on, a worried and pitiful expression on her face. Loid's eyes slightly wide in recognition. 'They're our neighbors...'

"And they have two girls, one of them is so young. Those poor, neglected things."

"I rarely see the three of them together."

"He's probably off cheating somewhere!" A panicked expression printed itself on Loids face as their accusations. A singular sweat dripping down his temple. Letting out a dramatic gasp, one of the ladies brought a hand to her gaped mouth. "How awful!"

"Maybe he actually got fired, and he can't bring himself to go home." He deadpanned at the statement. 'As if that would ever happen. I was careless. I was so consumed by my other missions, that I neglected playing the role of the father well. Even the slightest suspicion or mistrust from those around us in a deception operation can be detrimental.' 

Finally seeing his neighbors scurry off, Loid made a speedy dash for his home. 'I must do everything I can to remedy this situation. A threat to our family is a threat to the world!'

With an exaggerated amount of energy he pushed the front door open, starling all three girls present as well as Snooze- who was very much startled and now irritated so he decided to take a nap else where- "We're going out next weekend! The three of us will have a good time. Where do we want to go?"

Olivia raised her eyes from her phone screen. "Weren't we supposed to get a dog for Anya that weekend? Can't we just do both one time?" Olivia let out a huff at the look Loid gave her, choosing to ignore it altogether.

Instead his attention is taken by Anya as she had her entire being glued to the television. "Oh? Is that a penguin, Anya?" Lightbulb moment. "I know. Let's go to the aquarium."

Yor and Olivia looked at worriedly at Loids worn out state. Eye bags, slouched posture he looked as though he could barely stand. 'He deadass looks like he's about to die.' 

Yor took a cautious step towards the man. "Um... You seem exhausted. Why not get some rest?"

Loid gave Yor a half reassuring- half determined smile. "Yor, in order for our pretend marriage to continue, we must do everything we can to seem like a normal, happy family. So look forward to the weekend!" With sparkles and stars surrounding her small figure, Anya excitedly bounced up and down. "So exciting!"

Seeing Anya excited made Loid feel some sense of ease, Yor and Olivia did not look nearly as excited as the younger girl, but they looked content enough. 'I need to take care of all of my other missions before then.'