I

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 ~
This book may be disturbing for some readers, as it contains heavy profanity, drugs, violence, and Gang affiliation. This book is not to be plagiarized or imitated in any type of way or form... I hope you all enjoy 🤍.

~ 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐢𝐚𝐮𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬 🍾.

Janien laid on an old white sheet that was displayed on the back lawn, along with a bowl of popcorn, fruit, and Her MacBook.

"you're always out here doing something" laughed August, Janien's younger sister as she sprawled out on the other side of the sheet.

Janien loved the outdoors, it was just peaceful to her, to be surrounded by God's creation.

" Jan makes sure you pick up all this stuff out of the yard, " Carol said, " I don't want any more predators coming because you left food out here, " Janien's mother told her before getting in the car.

Just last week, Janien left a whole bowl of macaroni and cheese in the yard, which caused a whole lot of damage to their lawn.

When they woke up the next morning two huge rats were on the lawn eating the leftover mac and cheese.

"what's the plan for this weekend?" August questioned, as she bit into a pineapple.

" You know we have Choir practice Saturday, to prepare for Sunday " Janien reminded her, but August didn't care, she was determined to miss practice to do something else.

August was more of an extrovert than Janien was, she explored the world at night with her friends, drinking, smoking, and doing what most teenagers do her age, While Janien, kept herself pure. Janien never hung out with the friends she had, because she was too afraid of the outside world, so kept to herself writing songs and poems in her journal, and being outside on the lawn enjoying the sunshine.

" You gotta loosen up some " August said, as she gently nudged her sister's arm. " you should come to spend time with Lynn and me on Saturday, we are planning to go to this college party in Westbrook," she added.

Westbrook was the worst part of Their city, that's where all of the drugs and gang violence came from. Although Janien and August wouldn't have known anything about it if it wasn't for their father.

Pastor Joshua Porter. Janien and August's dad grew up in Westbrook for 18 years, he knows the hood like the back of his hand. That was until he turned 23 and decided to give his life to Christ. He studied the book, day and night urging him to follow Christ, and pursue his passion for preaching.

On his 27th birthday, he finally was ordained and was able to preach services at many churches across the board.

" You are not going to a party on Westbrook Aug " Jenien demanded, as August followed with a laugh.

" I know, because you and Lynn are coming with me " she chuckled, before getting up from the lawn. " and you can't back out because you owe me from last week "Janien blew her breath as she remembered she lost a bet to Her younger sister over a school basketball game.

It was Carter Academy vs. Westbrook, and of course, Janien had to bet on her old high school, but unfortunately, it was a loss to Westbrook, which caused August to win the bet.

Janien mentally rolled her eyes, as she got up from the lawn as well. August carried in the popcorn and fruit, while Janien carried in her MacBook, and left the sheet on the back porch.

" Can't back outta this one sweet pea " August smirked, as she carried the rest of the snack to her room.

Jan knew her sister was slick when it came to betting, but she didn't know she could pull a fast one like this.