XII

It's been two weeks since Janien's arrest, and nothing have changed...

In fact, it has gotten worse...

" Happy birthday to you" Joshua's family sang to him, as they gathered around the table to celebrate his 49th birthday.

" how it feels to be old?" Joe laughed.

" Your almost half of a century"

" I Want to thank everyone for coming out and helping me celebrate 49 years... it's truthfully a blessing to get to see another year, and be around my family." Joshua spoke briefly. Even though he was glad to be around his family, part of him was missing, which saddened him.

The family sat around eating cake and reminiscing about old times.

" I'm sorry for what happened to your daughter, man," Elijah announced as he patted Joshua's back.

" Yes, that's so sad what she did to that man...He really needs the justice he deserves. " Mary added. Joshua ignored his sister, as he dismissed himself from the dinner table.

" I thought you weren't allowed back over here?" August spoke.

" Stay out of grown folks' business, August" Mary implied, as she took a sip of her Russian Tea.

Carolyn tugged on August's shirt, just before she tried to reach across the table at her aunt. " Excuse me, but you aren't going just to sit here and bad mouth my daughter like that... and you aren't going to ruin my husband's birthday!" Carolyn demanded as Mary laughed.

" here we go again"

" I can say whatever I want about my brother and niece, who is going to stop me?" Mary challenged, as Michelle reached over the table slapping her across the face.

" I gave you one too many chances damnit, GET OUT!" Michelle yelled, at her daughter. Mary gasped and chuckled a bit before standing up from the table. " SO YOU PREFER THIS BITCH OVER YOUR DAUGHTER?"

" Watch your mouth!" Carolyn butted.

" HOW ABOUT YOU DIE BITCH!" Mary spat, as she threw coke soda in Carolyn's face.

" NO GOOD PIECE OF SHIT... WHAT KIND OF MOTHER TURNS THEIR DAUGHTER into THE FEDS STUPID BITCH " Mary ranted.

" A MOTHER WHO CARES FOR THEIR DAUGHTER!" Carolyn yelled, back wiping the sticky soda off of her face.

" ALL YOU MOTHER FUCKERS A JOKE... EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU BITCHES'' Mary continued throwing stuff around the house as she raged out in anger.

" YOU THE BIGGEST JOKE " August yelled.

" YO FUCKING DADDY A JOKE! ASK HIM ABOUT YO BROTHER BITCH...BETCHA AIN KNOW ABOUT THAT "

Everyone grew silently confused as Mary continued ranting. " yeah, yeah, everyone quiet now... yeah... I know my brother... ask him why he is stressed... yeah, cause he knows that was his son... that bitch was shooting at " Mary spilled.

" Ahem... the ball in who's hands now? " Mary chuckled, as she grabbed her purse from the back of her chair. " Yeah, I know more than both of you bitches do..." She added.

" Anyways, momma ima call you tomorrow... I love you and daddy... brother, keep dem babies outta the street, and uh... you two mother fucks, take it easy" Mary said, walking towards the front door, and opening it.

" Mary I don't want to hear anything else from you until you go check yourself in and out of a mental institution," Michelle told her. Mary shook her head in disbelief before heading out the door " none of you bitches gotta hear from me anymore " Mary slammed the door.