XI

" Officers are still investigating a shooting that occurred almost a month ago.'' Ami Hensley spoke. " Two days after Easter, an altercation occurred on highway 85, which led to one dead and one injured. Policies say that if you have more information on the shooting, please send an anonymous tip.

Michelle sighed deeply before clicking off her television. She sniffled as a tear fell from her eye, still trying to wrap her head around what her granddaughter was thinking. If for anything, she would expect August to be in trouble before she would expect Janien.

" I don't know what to do," she cried. Michelle loved her grandchildren equally, but she was close to Janien. The girl had an old soul; Michelle enjoyed her granddaughter's company, and she enjoyed listening to old-school music, baking, and cooking with Janien.

" I told Nienie on Easter, don't hang around that ole boy... he ain nun but trouble" Joesph shook his head as he took a sip of his Budweiser. " I just know Carolyn's fast ass would make her turn herself in once they find her."

Joesph wasn't too fond of Carolyn; She was too scarate for him. Joesph believes that Carolyn is the cause of Joshua's change. Although Joe is proud of his son for turning his life over to Christ, he feels like he was forced into being a preacher. Carolyn's mother even felt that way, and the only reason Carolyn persuaded Joshua to preach, was to keep her father's church alive.

" Carolyn is a good woman, but she just needs to let my son breath... that boy had plans," Joesph expressed.

" Plans for what? I'm glad Carolyn brought him out of this horrible neighborhood... Joshua was going to end up in jail or the graveyard; that boy was into so much trouble, and you know it!" Michelle protested.

" My son came from an OG. Remember that, Michelle." Joesph pushed his recliner down and walked out of the living room. He hated when Michelle would bring up Joshua's troubling past. He knew he was the cause but refused to take the blame.

Janien sat in the makeup chair, scrolling on Facebook. She decided to get a phone and make fake social media accounts to keep updated on trending things and, of course, the investigation.

" So, did you decide if you would wear the pink or blue dress?" Prince said as he pressed the flat iron against her hair.

" Umm....probably blue," Janien shrugged as she continued scrolling.

Ayla practically begged Janien and August to model for her new upcoming website she building. Although Janien hesitated, she gave in anyway.

" So, how long have you been here for? " Prince asked.

"About two years," Janien lied.

" Nice, and how come you are just now booking me, girl... you know bitches be dying to book with the prince" he did the " period " gesture before laughing.

" I don't know... I be busy," Janien chuckled, " but I'm coming to you from now on!" Janien added.

" How long you've known Ayla?" Janien asked Prince as he tilted her head.

" Ayla and I used to go to the same school together; we became good friends in cosmology class and have been friends ever since," he explained.

"How did you meet Ayla?"

" Well, long story short, a friend of mine and I was getting ice cream at a truck... Ayla complimented me and asked if I wanted to become a model." Janien explained as Prince chuckled.

" ahem...I support Ayla and her photography career; I wish she would've been more interested in cosmetology," Prince told truthfully.

" Why so?"