IX

" how's grandma and grandpa? " Janien asked her sister as they sat at the kitchen table.

"Grandma is worried about you... she just wants you to be safe, ya know?" August explained as Janien nodded her head. " pawpaw doesn't know what to do," added August.

" have my job called, or Tae? "

" Oakdale called; they asked me if I've heard anything from you... I just told them you moved," August said. " they sent a letter in the mail regarding your termination, but I tore it up."

" as far as Taeleigh, I think she knows what happened... I don't know how, but she hit me up on Facebook, but I never responded, " August added.

" Yeah, I had to destroy my phone and get rid of that Trace phone... it's kinda a bummer not being able to use phones; my life been kind of boring, " Janien expressed.

"What happened for you to act in such a way? " August questioned; Janien sighed deeply as she tapped her fingers on the table.

" don't even worry about it. " August shook her head.

" This is a big ass city! " August Beamed as her eyes wandered around the city.

" Ouu, let me take your picture," Janien smiled as she took August's iPhone out of her back pocket. August posed against the tall building, one hand holding her cotton candy while the other hand was on the wall.

" wow!! You'll make a great model! " Ayla said, startling Janien.

" Marie!! Do you do photography? " Ayla asked.

" Marie?? "

" Yes, No, Sometimes..." Janien exclaimed, trying to keep her sister from uncovering her name.

"And who is this pretty young lady? " Ayla grinned as she looked over at August.

"This is my sister Mallory," Janien said, calling August by her middle name.

" Mallory, such a beautiful name! " Ayla complimented.

" Thank you? " August wore a confused look on her face as she looked between her sister and Ayla.

" I'm sorry, I'm Ayla... I met your sister a few days ago at an ice cream truck, " Ayla Announced. August gave a small smile before nodding her head.

" Anyways, Marie, have you thought about modeling? " Ayla questioned, as she focused her attention on Janien.

" Modeling... umm, yeah, I think it'll be interesting, " Janien forcefully smiled.

"Great, give me a call.. and I'd be more than happy to start you on your way! Janien nodded as Ayla said goodbye and waved off.

" modeling, huh? " August laughed as Janien rolled her eyes.

" we'll see."

Bryce laid back on the king-size bed; as he scrolled through his messages, he played Drake on the Tv for white noise so that he wouldn't be paranoid.

𝐕𝐚𝐥
- Bryce... I've been blowing your phone up! Where the fuck are you at...? You with that bitch aren't you...I really need you, Bryce😩 I'm pregnant 😢.