Special: Christmas

Christmas, one of the universally biggest hollydays out there. No matter what species you are, Human, Faunus, Pokemon, it is always a fest of the whole family.

"Family" being taken as a loose term as in the wood house on the Island of Patch, several people that aren't part of the blood related family of the Xiao Long/Rose household.

At the moment, Taiyang and Yang Xiao Long, Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna and Lara and Saph "Simon" Aurora are all withing the house while it was sniwing outside. The trainers have left most of their Pokemon at the EPS during their stay only took one Pokemon each with them. The reason was that it simply wouldn't be possible to feed everyone and the EPS was starting to grow it's own natural berries they could eat.

That, and Pokemon like Tyrantrum wouldn't fit inside anyway.

Right now, all the trainers and their Pokemon are in the living room enjoying each others company and some hot chocolate.

Lycanrok and Flareon are sitting by the fireplace as it burned, the former holding onto the Egg firmly yet gently.

Sylveon and Gardevoir are in the kitchen with Taiyang, trying their best to help him out if the best if their will.

Meowth is curled up on the rug, taking a little nap. And Snorunt is curently outside, enjoying the cold and making it even more so with Ice Beam.

Yang: "I'm glad that all of you guys could make it."

Ruby: "Yeah, we would have thought that you would be spending the hollidays with your own families."

Weiss and Blake looked at each other for a second before answering with "It's complicated." Meanwhile, the otherworldly twins visibly flinched at that.

Lara: "Can we, not talk about that?"

Ruby: "Oh! I'm Sorry! I didn't meant to bring up any-"

Saph: "No no, it's fine Ruby. You did that on reflex."

Just then Taiyang and the two Pokemon emerge from the kitchen with a new batch of hot cocoa.

Taiyang: "Are you having fun?"

Lara: "As much as we can, Mr. Xiao Long."

Tai: "Please, just call me Tai."

He set the hot cups of cocoa down on the table and look at the clock.

Tai: "Qrow said that he would be here in about half an hour. Let's see how much longer it would take him."

He then look at all the Pokemon making themself at home, including the two that just helped him. Specifically, he looked at Lycanrok and the Egg."

Tai: "I'm still trying to get my head around the whole Pokemon thing. Even more so the whole story with the Egg."

Ruby: "We probably could've broken the news a bit better."

Weiss: "Better? The first thing you did was ramble up a storm and say that Yang was now a 'Poke-Mom'.

Blake: "Any alternative was better."

Saph: "If it wasn't for Yang clearing things up quickly, I might have ended up as a splat on the wall."

They could identify a lot of emotions on Tai's expression in that moment. Some of the most important ones were absolute shock, terror, a fathers protectiveness and, once he spotted Saph, rage they only evet saw in Yang.

Ruby rubbed the back of ger head in emberassment.

Ruby: "Again, sorry for the scare."

A cup of hot cocoa was then handed to her, one with extra marshmellows in it, curtosy of some ribbon like feelers. She took it and drank it in record time.