1.01

Winterfell Lyarra

Winterfell
Lyarra

Calmly, Lyarra watched as her little brother, Bran, attempted to hit the target in front of him with an arrow. He hadn't managed it yet and it didn't help that Robb, Jon and little Rickon kept laughing about it. Her body tensed as a hand rested on her shoulder. But when she saw that it was just her father and mother, she relaxed.

"Father, mother" she greeted them with a small smile. Ned Stark squeezed her shoulder while Catlyn gave her first born daughter a warm smile.

Together they watched from the balcony as Bran looked up at them after Jon whispered something to him. Lyarra saw her father nod encouragingly at Bran and smiled slightly at that.

Lyarra watched attentively as Bran drew the bow and then released it. Again, the arrow didn't hit the target and even flew over the wall behind it. She shook her head as she heard her brothers laugh at bran.

"And which one of you was a marksman at ten? The only one who could handle a bow and arrow was Lyarra. Keep practicing Bran. Go on," her father spoke up, which stopped Jon, Robb and Rickon from laughing let. When Bran then looked at Lyarra, she gave him an encouraging little smile.

He tried again, but just as he was about to shoot, an arrow flew past him and hit the center of the target. Surprised, the brothers turned to see Arya standing there with a bow. Lyarra let out a small giggle as she saw Bran chasing after Arya.

"Lord Stark!" heard someone behind her calling for her father. She turned and saw Ser Rodrik Cassel standing there with Theon.

"My Lady. A guardsman just rode in from the hills. They've captured a deserter from the Night's Watch." He informed Lord Stark. Lyarra listened with interest, knowing what her father had to do.

"Get the lads to saddle their horses." her father ordered, Theon nodded in understanding and then turned away from them.

"Do you have to?"

"He swore an oath, Cat." Ned explained to his wife. Lyarra knew her mother hated it when her father had to do something like that. But he had his duties to perform as Lord of Winterfell.

When Lyarra was little, she didn't understand why her father kept leaving. But over the years she understood, but it didn't make it any easier.

"Tell Bran he's coming too" Lyarra looked at her father in shock when she heard that.

"But Father Bran is only 10. He's too young for that." Lyarra said and saw her mother look at her husband in shock as well. Catlyn hated that Ned took her kids with him. "You were even younger than him, when I first took you with me." her father explained to her and she became quiet. Her father was right, already at the age of 9 her father had taken her and Robb with him.

"Please let your brothers know, so we can start riding right away." Ned prompted his daughter, which made her nod in understanding.

"Of course father." she answer,with that she went to look for her brothers.