1.02

Lyarra

Lyarra

As soon as Lyarra heard that her brother, Bran, had fallen and hadn't woken up, she made her way to Bran's room. She didn't understand how Bran could fall while climbing, that had never happened to him before. It wasn't the first time Bran had climbed the tower, and nothing ever happened to him. Why now?

Arriving at Bran's room, she saw her mother sitting next to the bed, and she immediately took her arms. Lyarra felt her mother hold her tightly against her, as if her world would collapse if she let go. Lyarra didn't say anything and just stood there with her mother in hers for a while.

"Everything will be fine, mother," came it from Lyarra as she separated from her mother and, after her mother had sat down again, she went to the other side of the bed and sat in the chair there.

"I don't understand how he could fall, it's never happened before." Lyarra looked over at her mother, who was shaking her head in despair. Without saying anything, she leaned forward and placed her hand on her mother's.

Lyarra was distressed to see her mother in such a state. Lyarra just sat quietly, listening to her mother whisper over and over why it had to be her little boy.

Then, when Cersei entered the room, Lyarra watched her suspiciously. The Lannister's were not known for being empathetic or caring for anyone other than tthemselves. When Cersei then offered them her condolences, and started to talk about how she knew the pain all too well, Lyarra's face softened.

"I lost my first boy, a little black-haired beauty. He was a fighter too, tried to beat the fever that took him. Forgive me. It's the last thing you need to hear right now." Cersei told them a true story.

"We're really sorry, we didn't know that." Lyarra piped up, causing Cersei to turn to her. Lyarra couldn't help but notice that Cersei swallowed hard at the sight of her. Again that look that the queen gave her at the party.

"It was years ago. Robert was crazed, beat his hands bloody on the wall, all the things men do to show you how much they care. The boy looked just like him. Such a little thing. A bird without feathers. They came to take his body away and Robert held me.I screamed and battled, but he held me. Robert then ordered the maids to bring me something that calms me down. Then they put another little bundle in my arms. His brother. I had twins. I thought it was a miracle. And if I'd watched them take my first child away, I'd hold my second all the tighter, afraid they'd take him away too. They took my first child away and I never saw him again. Never have visited the cryp, never. I pray to the Mother every morning and night that she return your child to you. Perhaps this time she'll listen." The whole time, Cersei looked Lyarra in the eye, and although Lyarra wanted to look away, somehow she couldn't.

After that, Cersei disappeared from them again and left the room with one last look at Lyarra. Neither of them said anything as Lyarra watched as her mother leaned over Bran and brushed his hair back from his face.